CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Purple X Project

Old 12-21-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
veldfire
Purple X Project

I am very fortunate to have been able to bring the patriarchal breeders (original trio) of Purple X to the USA! A line bred lavender or an enhancement gene, these lavenders really stand out. Some take longer than others to really color up. These are a stunning line of lavenders, that give off lots of orange and pink. Maybe another gene is at play? Buf perhaps? I can't wait to find out as I delve into this genetic goldmine! Take a look through the photos at some of the offspring 😍👀! Thanks again PrestigeCorns

Old 12-21-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
veldfire
More from the line

Here's a few more from the line!

Old 01-07-2020, 10:05 AM   #3
scmartin27
YAY!

I've been curious about this "purpleX" gene forever! Very happy to see that someone in the US is working with it. I really hope we can find out what genes are actually here! When I wrote my book on corn snake morphs I put in a little blurb about them, but didn't have any real information about what's actually involved.
Please keep us updated in the coming years with what you find out!

Old 01-12-2020, 11:37 AM   #4
veldfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmartin27 View Post
I've been curious about this "purpleX" gene forever! Very happy to see that someone in the US is working with it. I really hope we can find out what genes are actually here! When I wrote my book on corn snake morphs I put in a little blurb about them, but didn't have any real information about what's actually involved.
Please keep us updated in the coming years with what you find out!
I will keep you posted, Sarah!

Old 05-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #5
Royalsnakes23
These are my PurpleX Lavenders almost 2 years old I am in the UK xx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Old 07-06-2021, 01:30 PM   #6
Caryl
That is really a nifty group of snakes! It's going to be fun watching what they produce.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #7
hypnoctopus
Wow, very colorful!

Old 07-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #8
nikkirnoto
Very pretty!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Old 07-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #9
scmartin27
I've been curious about these for a while. Very nice!

Old 10-09-2023, 10:33 AM   #10
scmartin27
Any update on these? It came up in conversation in a facebook group and I thought about this post again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google