CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello. From new snake dad

Old 12-16-2022, 05:36 PM   #1
Kcscott
Hello. From new snake dad

Hi. I'm Scott from Ohio. I became a new corn snake dad on 12/11/22. I'm wondering all you experts out there that atleast one of you might be able to tell me what kind of corn I have. His/her name is noodles. Not sure how you can tell what sex it is. Not sure how you link the picture bit i did upload it into albums. Sorry

Old 12-16-2022, 06:27 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Hi, welcome!

I attached your photo to my post so others can easily see it. Your baby is a snow morph (anery plus amel). As far as figuring out the sex, having him/her popped by an experienced breeder, reptile shop, or reptile vet would be one way to tell. You can also send a piece of the shed to Rare Genetics Inc. for a genetic test. Lastly, if you want to post a clear picture of the underside of the tail, we could take a guess, but it's not a super accurate method! And if you do that, please make sure to let your little guy finish digesting for 48 hours before disturbing him/her.

Old 12-16-2022, 09:07 PM   #3
MysticExotics
Welcome to the forum and Cornsnakes! Pretty little Snow!

Old 12-17-2022, 08:05 AM   #4
Hotwater84
Welcome to the forum! Very nice looking corn you’ve got there!

Old 12-18-2022, 09:35 AM   #5
Kcscott
Thanks ya all. Still trying to figure out all the basics with taking care of one. So much info out there that don't seem to be the same way. Lighting/heating plus thermostat is on my top agenda to figure out best way.

Old 12-19-2022, 01:20 PM   #6
67temp
Welcome to the forum!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google