CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello from Missouri

Old 11-15-2022, 02:35 PM   #1
Hotwater84
Hello from Missouri

Hello, excited to be on the forum, just picked up my first corn snake in 22 years!
Female Hypoberry motley (het cinder,hypo,strawberry) 4 months old

Excited to check out what others have and learn.

Old 11-16-2022, 12:00 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Nice! I would love to see pictures! Welcome to the forum.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:22 AM   #3
Hotwater84
Here’s a link not sure how to post a pic I took.
https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...snakes/1233053

Old 11-16-2022, 08:48 AM   #4
hypnoctopus
Cool, I figured it was probably one of Eric's! If you ever decide to breed her, you'll have lots of fun options with all those hets and pos hets.

To post a picture, you can either upload it to another site, like imgur, and then paste the url into the [IMG] brackets. Or you can hit the 'go advanced' button and scroll down to where it says 'manage attachments' and upload your image directly to the site. With that method, it will usually have to be manually resized first.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:31 AM   #5
Hotwater84
Yeah he was very helpful and made the process easy also he has some of the best looking specimens on morph imo so that made it easier. I’d like to get her mate the beginning of the year. What would you be looking for as far as a mate is concerned? I’d like to get as many different looking offspring as possible. I’ve already started to research the diff hets and pos hets lol.

And thanks for the info on pics I’ll try to figure it out and post some more pics of her and her parents.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:55 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
So, all of the genes she has (or possibly has) are recessive. So that means, if you want to produce babies of any of those morphs, the mate you choose would need to at least be carrying hets for those genes too in order to match up with hers. I would probably go for something like a Peppermint tessera het stripe (or het motley), and ideally with hets that match the rest of the poss hets your baby has.

Old 11-17-2022, 02:32 AM   #7
schnekkie
Thanks for posting the link. Your snake is so gorgeous! All the snakes that breeder is offering look wonderful. I can't imagine breeding snakes and having that many mouths to feed, wow! What if you didn't find buyers? I would have nightmares

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Old 11-17-2022, 03:27 AM   #8
Hotwater84
Thanks again hypo I can see you’ve been in the hobby for some time!

Thanks Schnekkie! She is a beaut for sure. That is a real possibility I do think with the advances of the hobby with morph market at least some would sell lol. But that would be allot of animals if you couldn’t find buyers.

Old 11-17-2022, 03:28 AM   #9
Hotwater84
Thanks again hypo I can see you’ve been in the hobby for some time!

Thanks Schnekkie! She is a beaut for sure. That is a real possibility I do think with the advances of the hobby with morph market at least some would sell lol. But that would be allot of animals if you couldn’t find buyers.

Old 11-17-2022, 03:31 AM   #10
Hotwater84
Topic change but I love the look of the heliconia morph the black and pink is a killer combo

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google