CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New, and Loving it...

Old 09-24-2005, 12:05 AM   #1
BlueDemon
New, and Loving it...

Hello all. It's late and I have to be up at 5 am Eastern Time for work. Work for me is the life of a Firefighter.... a Driver Operator to be exact, so my life isn't all that bad to be honest.
When I was younger I used to have all sorts of herps, but was never successful in keeping them. This trait seemed to be related to my going away on trips and coming back to find my parents had mistakenly "misplaced" them. What can you do.... it was their house and their rules. Now I'm on my own and totally willing and able to house my very own Corns! I can't wait. I've set up a decent 30 gallon set up for my two incoming corns (Don't worry, I'm splitting the cage down the middle so I in effect have 2 15 gallon tanks for the lil' hatchlings. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible here on the forums and meeting as many cool people as possible.

BTW, I'm from S. Florida (so there are actually native, wild corns running around here) I know first hand, as the first corn I ever kept was a wild caught that I found in my parent's house.

Thanks again, and talk with you all again soon!

Blue

Old 09-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #2
Joni Garcia
Welcome. This is a great forum to be part of. Pretty much any question you might have can be answered here. A helpful source of information is the "search feature." I enjoy using it to find and read all the threads pertaining to the subject I'm interested in. It's amazing how much info is out there. Glad to have you here and enjoy your new corns.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
cknott1048
Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:13 PM   #4
kr0316
I just wanted to say hi. I live in Billings, Montana. I have 2 corns both right now about 3 feet and a year old. female Amel "crystal" she is the sweetest of the 2 and the other is a natural corn "maxine" I named her after the mean old lady on the halmark cards because she is cranky, always on edge, and can only be held for a couple minutes at a time. My nieces call her Meany Maxiney, but she is a beautiful corn. I also have a Kenyan Sand Boa which is the nicest mannered snake I have.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
stormi
welcome...yo'll find all the info im looking for here.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #6
BlueDemon
Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone. I'm glad to know that there are many of you who are willing to help those of us who do not have the years of experience with corns and other snakes.

Thanks again and see you all around on the forums.

Blue

Old 09-25-2005, 12:25 AM   #7
wendyhoo9
Ahhh, new to corns and already starting out with two! I started with my creamsicle darling girl who is the sweetest thing on no legs, and just last weekend picked up my lavendar girl who is a bit zippy but seems to be settling in slowly. The obsession begins!

Are your new ones normals? Male/female? Good luck with the new ones and good luck stopping the compulsive urge to go pick up some more!

Old 09-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #8
BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyhoo9
Ahhh, new to corns and already starting out with two! I started with my creamsicle darling girl who is the sweetest thing on no legs, and just last weekend picked up my lavendar girl who is a bit zippy but seems to be settling in slowly. The obsession begins!

Are your new ones normals? Male/female? Good luck with the new ones and good luck stopping the compulsive urge to go pick up some more!
Hey there, thanks for the welcome.

I purchased a 1.1 Okeetee pair from Mohrsnakes. I'll be splitting the 30 gallon viv. down the middle with two smallish UTHs, one on each side for the two snakes. I'm blocking off the cage with a non-transparent piece, so that they won't see each other. I don't want any unwanted breeding, since they're 05 hatchs.

Blue

Old 09-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #9
wendyhoo9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon
Hey there, thanks for the welcome.

I purchased a 1.1 Okeetee pair from Mohrsnakes. I'll be splitting the 30 gallon viv. down the middle with two smallish UTHs, one on each side for the two snakes. I'm blocking off the cage with a non-transparent piece, so that they won't see each other. I don't want any unwanted breeding, since they're 05 hatchs.

Blue

Okeetees are beautiful! I have my stripe and lav in a 30 gallon split down the middle as well. I'm using my 30-40 UTH in the center to heat both halves and it's been great temp wise (runs very hot so I also use a thermostat). I love these guys and plan on breeding (on a very small scale) and using them in my bio class to help educate my students on their natural environment and needs. Hopefully we'll end up with fewer people who have irrational fears of snakes. How can you be scared of a little hatchling that highly resembles a shoe string?!

Good luck again and congrats!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google