CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hi There!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Torns
Hi There!

Hi

I'm not new to snake husbandry but has been years since my last snakes and I've recently started back into the hobby when I caught a brown snake on a family walk. My son is very interested in reptiles, snakes and fish and I do what ever I can to encourage his interest in animals and learning.

Now, why I'm here...

After catching the brown snake, I came across a wonderful orange albino kind of like this one that I had to buy. (BTW I'm not affiliated with that site, I just picked it because it was similar to mine).

Unfortunately, even though the tank was as tall if not taller then she was, my young corn snake somehow escaped two days later. I've been reading through numerous threads on how to catch an escapee with techniques like baited glue traps (they haven't worked yet), duct-tape traps and minnow traps (too big for my little snake).

The the tank housing the corn snake is in my furnished basement and I am making the assumption that she is still somewhere down here but I don't know for sure. I am really desperate to try to find her alive as soon as possible. I've placed heat lamps along with water bowls in the storage closet and utility room and the four baited glue traps around the basement.

She is still quite young and only eats pinky's so I'm hoping to get her before it's too late. Any advice is welcome. I'm not sure where to place the tape traps and wasn't able to find any specific information on that so any/all tips are welcome!

I've read many of your lost and then found threads, I'm hoping my ends well.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
K. Rene
Not sure if you read mine about our escapees. One I found between my photo albums on the floor right by a heater (check the warm snug places) I just had a whim to check there and sure enough I found him. The other was missing a month, also a baby, we found her OUTSIDE down the stairs of our 2nd level apartment, it was Feb. and super cold outside, but she was alive and has since been doing well. Don't give up hope they can survive a long time without food. You'll probably find it when you least expect to.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
Torns
Thanks!

Thanks, Rene, for the advice. I am guessing the snake is on the main floor at this point so I will move some traps around to warmer areas.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google