CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Quick help please.........like now.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #11
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaoldguy
The H2 as well as the S3 give you tons of manual settings that rival that of many cheaper SLR's plus the monster zoom, but the sensors used in them are not nearly as powerful. At first I was happy with it, but photography is addictive so I have to second this post.

I am already looking at buying a Canon EOS 400D. Of course the standard lense won't give me the zoom nor spot metering, but the CMOS sensor is awesome and the detail is amazing. I have heard that Olympus has a nice inexpensive DSLR also.
cough cough told ya so cough cough

Old 10-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #12
gwb8568
in case anyone cares..........found one (Sony DSC-H2) for under $300 shipped, new and in box. will try it out and go from there. why buy a caddilac when you can barely ride the bike.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #13
sfaoldguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
cough cough told ya so cough cough
YEA YEA YEA

Old 10-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #14
Weebonilass
LOL And I just put a bid in on an H2, based on your photos SF... maybe some one will outbid me

I really like that last shot you posted

Old 10-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #15
gwb8568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebonilass
LOL And I just put a bid in on an H2, based on your photos SF... maybe some one will outbid me

I really like that last shot you posted
if i remember right.......the photos he posted were H2's and said that they would be comparible to the other. please tell me if i am wrong but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaoldguy
Hope these give you an idea of what you would get with the H2 and the S3 is so close to the same it isn't even funny.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #16
Weebonilass
LOL But he's already "outgrown" the H2 and is looking at the Canon 400D

I really need to bite the bullet and go with the better camera as I need something to take pictures of the horse as well as the snake. But seems like there is so many other things that I need to spend that money on too... and I have a very lovely SLR.... sigh....

Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #17
Jessicat
Alright, sorry, I read the "need information NOW" as "I'm going to go out and buy a camera tomorrow". That's actually kind of understandable. Before I had a digital camera I fooled around with one point and shoot and wanted to buy it on the spot.

Why buy a Cadillac when you don't think you're up to snuff to ride the ride?

Because...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb8568
hopefully once i gain more knowledge i will upgrade to a better one.
why spend $300-400 on a camera you may only be satisfied with for a few months? Any camera can be kind of daunting at first, but if you take lots of pictures and study the Manuel like a camera you'll catch on.
*shrug*, I suppose you can do what you'd like, I just really feel that even with full Manuel settings point and shoots are pretty limited and there's not a whole lot of room for growth. I guess it just depends on how adamant you are about having top of the line photographs.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #18
Weebonilass
Awww GBB, he's already bought one and I ended up with a S3 based on SilentLore's pictures. I'll play with it for awhile and probably end up giving it to my daughter to play with. I really don't have $1000 to spend on a camera, but I might just have to make my next one a D50

Old 10-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #19
gwb8568
testing..........1, 2, 3

dsc-h2 trial run..........

Old 10-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #20
Nanci
Excellent Digital Camera Review Site

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google