CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

A few questions to those of you that do CO2 chambers...

Old 10-13-2020, 01:13 PM   #1
MatCat
A few questions to those of you that do CO2 chambers...

Greetings, I am working on setting up my own small mice breeding setup, and I am curious to know those of you that have done it, what are you using for the outlet for the CO2 into the chamber? I am thinking of going with a larger air soft CO2 tank, a flow regulator, and quick connect / disconnect air lines, which is all easy to figure out, but what I can't figure out is how people actually get the CO2 to flow through a nozzle, all the nozzles I find have handles you need to grip or trigger to allow flow, or have stopper valves so they don't flow unless something is inserted into it.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
67temp
My set up is in this order.....the tank, regulator, a piece of rubber fuel line (3/8 I think), valve stem and 6qt tub as the gas chamber. The tire valve stem has the core/valve removed.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:24 PM   #3
MatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
My set up is in this order.....the tank, regulator, a piece of rubber fuel line (3/8 I think), valve stem and 6qt tub as the gas chamber. The tire valve stem has the core/valve removed.
How hard is the core to remove? I was thinking of just getting some cheap harbor freight disconnect lines and chopping one end off, also what size CO2 tank you use and how much flow do you find you need to give? I imagine its not much compared to the pressure IN the CO2 tank. I think the airsoft ones are pressurized to 300 PSI.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #4
67temp
The core just screws in and can be removed with a special tool or two small flat blade screw drivers. I think my tank is a 10lb. For pressure I just start with the tank and regulator both closed. Open the tank all the way. Then slowly open the regulator a little till you hear some flowing. I do about 30 seconds of a tiny amount till they get a little wobbly then increase the flow a little more for about 10 seconds. Shut the regulator and tank off and wait several minutes. An instant full power shot of co2 will make the rodents freak out. You want them to fall asleep and pass not choke on c02

Old 10-19-2020, 01:30 PM   #5
MatCat

Woot, got my colony going 3 females 1 male for now. Pic was taken right after setting up, there is paper towels and TP rolls and a hide in there now, going to go to petco later and pickup a wheel type thing and some chew toys.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:20 PM   #6
MatCat
I got my regulator and remote line in, using as simple paintball tank, the quick connector it came with for the remote connection is actually not cored so its perfect as is for my chamber nozzle . been pissing people off calling it Mousehwitz lol. Waiting to actually get CO2 tank in, will get pics when I do and build it out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google