CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Lamp with uth

Old 01-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #1
Daryl1713
Lamp with uth

Hi, I havnt bought my snake yet but I have a 40 gallon breeder with an under the tank heater and controller, since the room it will be in doesn't get much light I was wondering if anyone could recommend what type of bulb and wattage would be good for pretty much a day/night cycle for the snake..or would maybe a basking lamp on a timer be best?...yes,im very new to this but I want it set up properly before I buy my first snake...thanks for any input

Old 01-07-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
chairman
If the room will always be 70F or higher and the UTH is the only heat source you need then you can use pretty much any LED light bulb to provide light. Under-cabinet style lights are low profile solutions but a standard dome lamp with a cheap LED bulb will work too.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Old 01-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #3
Daryl1713
It will be in my basement which is heated but does tend to get cooler then upstairs more often then not...I will check later on tonight what temperature it drops to and will post temp..thank you for your response

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google