CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2nd pairing anery scaleless x anery scaleless motley

Old 04-11-2021, 11:20 AM   #1
CornsAustria
2nd pairing anery scaleless x anery scaleless motley

Hey

Found 8 pearly white eggs from my girl 'Emi'
She is very well and for a first timer she was great !
Lets see what comes out in a few month !

0.1 anery scaleless 66% het. amel, charcoal, motley, ph. lavender x 1.0 anery motley scaleless 66% het. amel, charcoal, ph. lavender

because both of them are very very bright I would love to call the offspring 'light blue phase' for my own

Old 04-11-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
They are lovely. Anery scaleless are my favorite scaleless morph.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:42 PM   #3
SnakeCreations
I agree with Olivia - the anery is such a beautiful shade in scaleless!

-Tonya

Old 04-11-2021, 11:27 PM   #4
CornsAustria
I love how bright they are - wondering whats going on there - some others that I know are darker, and some are nearly black... maybe a hidden gen there - don't know - as hatchling you really could see that they are anerys with no doubt !

Old 04-12-2021, 05:44 PM   #5
Frank Pinello
Scaleless corns beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
I love corn snakes and been breeding them for decades. 40+ Corn’s in my breeding collection. And all I have are corns.
BUT......and I’m probably in the minority with this......to me scaleless corn snakes look like ugly eels with some color. And on top of that, the fact they are from Great Plains rat snake hybrid stock doesn’t help. IMHO.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:39 PM   #6
CornsAustria
Can you exactly say, how much hybrid blood is in other lines as well or not ?
No - because the whole history of breeding goes back so far and it was mated more and more for such a long time, to create new colors and patterns - some love scaleless, some not, everyone should do what they think is right and let the other live, this is my understanding of life - and as long as I don't know whether impure blood is already present in almost every mutation, I don't have to bump into the fact that scaleless hybrids are, which they are, of course, but not me personally disturbs IMHO

This should not be an discussion about scaleless or not, there are too many out there, there are lovers and haters, and all I wanted, was to share my happyness that this clutch is happend nothing more, nothing less

Old 04-12-2021, 11:50 PM   #7
LyraFamily
Your aneries are absolutely gorgeous! My daughter will be breeding her scaleless next year so it is quite exciting to see yours! Again, beautiful!!

Old 04-13-2021, 10:52 AM   #8
Seriva Senkalora
It is in fact not unusual for Aneries to lighten up with age. In healthy snakes with scales this can often be seen, so there is nothing "special" on it.

Old 04-13-2021, 07:24 PM   #9
Frank Pinello
I definitely don’t hate scaleless, just have an opinion about the scaleless look. Regarding hybrids, not really a fan but I am a hypocrite, I have Ultramels . The Ultramels were Too attractive for me to Stay away from.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:35 PM   #10
CornsAustria
@Seriva
for me, they are something special thats the base and the most important at this story - and I postet that I would call this 'line' for me light phase
(BTW look at those people who call there 'own' line with funny names only because of a little difference in pattern or colour too - mostly are based in europe so why not me too ? )

I know a lot of anery scaleless out there, that are absolutley not as bright as mine are - also the grandmother wasn't it's like when the color has been lost over the generations
+ the motley gen also brightens up

lets see what will hatch ! I'm very excited about this clutch

thanks all for your coments

lots of love

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google