CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Green links that take me off site

Old 04-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #1
hypnoctopus
Green links that take me off site

Not sure exactly what's going on with this, but I've been noticing green links all over the forum. When clicked, instead of taking me to the correct cornsnakes.com destination, they take me off site to "infolinks.com". I don't know if it's just my device or if it's something with the site?

Old 04-25-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
Rich Z
I am testing out a new source of revenue for this site with an advertising feed company called InfoLinks. There are some different options to try, so I am testing them to see if they help with at least some increase in income from this site.

Sorry to have to do this, but if this site doesn't get back to pulling it's own weight financially pretty soon, I am going to have to consider pulling the plug on it. So I am looking for ways to keep that from happening. Obviously with the greatly reduced traffic here from members, and resulting membership contributions, that certainly isn't cutting it any longer.

Look at these stats:

Members: 29,091, Active Members: 850

Number of Members Online In The Past 24 Hours: 38

11 posts in the last 24 hours, 168 posts in the last 30 days.
3 new members in the last 24 hours, 35 in the last 30 days.

As for Contributing level members,

4 Contributor memberships in 2021
11 Contributor memberships in 2020

I guess nearly everyone went to facebook and that is much more to their liking. Just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:53 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Okay, as long as it's intentional. I really hate Facebook. Not only is it terrible for forum style posts, but it's also really glitchy and annoying. No idea why everyone seems to use it. :/ Plus they don't even allow animal sales, so why would any breeders want to use it as an advertising platform?! I just don't get it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google