CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Help My Snake has gone crazy!!

Old 05-02-2003, 04:05 AM   #1
l2edemption
Red face Help My Snake has gone crazy!!

I have had my pet snake, Atreyu, for about 5 months. He had grown to be about a foot and a half long. He has always been a very active pet and a pure pleasure. I had been holding my snake about 4-5 days a week and he seemed to enjoy the attention. However I had worked a lot of overtime about a week ago and regretfully didn't hold him for several days... I kept up with his regular feeding schedule. Last Sunday, (4 days ago) I noticed him (or her, I haven't gotten it sexed yet) to be extremely agitated and very defensive... He was laying out in the open and I went to pick him up and he jumped and bit me... To be quite honest it scared the crap outta me.. I figured he was hungry, even though I fed him 2 days prior. So I immediatly fed and watered him.. Ever since then he has been restless in his cage. constantly moving around and whenever anyone would come near the cage he would get extremely defensive, curl up and seem to enter attack mode... I fed him once again yesterday (Wednesday.) I am not sure if he got a "bad" batch of pinkies (I bought new ones the same time this started) I don't know if they are not filling him up anymore, as he is getting bigger and the pinkies are the same size... It also has gotten quite a bit warmer here the last few days and the hot side of his tank is roughly 85F. I don't know if that is it.. He also has been burrowing quite a bit more than usual... I really enjoy my snake but I don't know what is wrong with hime... Is he upset with me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

BTW: I have read a lot about the breeding season.. and I wouldn't have wrote this post if I thought it was merely that.. The reaon I'm not sure about the breeding season is that he/she still has a very strong appetite.... Wanting to eat more than normal actually... Thank you

Old 05-02-2003, 11:35 PM   #2
poccodiablo
Few of the normal questions

Whats the cold side temp? Is the tank in a high traffic area? How many hides are there? Whats the photo period the tank is exposed too?

Jeff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google