CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Do you think frosting and okeetee type heavy borders are mutually exclusive?

Old 07-16-2021, 02:02 PM   #1
HarehollowFarm
Do you think frosting and okeetee type heavy borders are mutually exclusive?

Does anyone have an animal they think has both traits? How much frosting can you get while keeping the borders?
The borders seems recessive-ish to thinner borders. Does anyone know how frosting reacts with non frosted? I realize it's polygenic but it's probably controlled by only a handful of genes so that's why they're relatively easy to selectively breed for.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:23 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
I don't think the traits are mutually exclusive, but it's only recently that people have started breeding thick bordered morphs other than okeetee and reverse okeetee. You see frosting most often in ultra based corn snakes. If you look through the tequila sunrise pictures on iansvivarium.com, you'll see that several of them have frosting and quite thick borders. Heavily frosted and thick-bordered snakes are some of the nicest looking, in my opinion! http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=te...9c962342f62509

Old 07-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #3
MysticExotics
I have been working on thick bordered Miami's for several years now.
I have had a number of them end up with frosting, but I hadn't thought about whether it was related.

The first pic is a female I had 10 years ago, I had no idea on her history. She was the foundation to my Miami line.

The next one is one of her offspring, that I kept from that first clutch. His coloring ended up being consistent through furture breedings.

The third pic was an LBR Miami female I got from Carol. I got her to help work towards the thicker borders.

The last one is from my line, and the Dam to this year's hatchlings.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
67temp
The first thing that comes to mind for me is specters. They typically have pretty bold borders and not very saturated saddles.

Old 07-19-2021, 07:07 PM   #5
HarehollowFarm
For some reason I didn’t consider the spectre helconias tequila sunrises etc as the extreme version of it. But that seems to be it.
But Aster looks good too. It would be cool to push asters look to the extemes. You could probably make the negative space inside the saddles really wide and keep the borders and stay in Miami type and have an very cool looking corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google