CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

OMG what are those popping up?!

Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #231
SnakeAround
Nah, though she eats very well she is the smallest of my keepers, weighing only 54 grams May 28. But indeed, no baby anymore The weird thing is, both the male and the female look larger than they actually weigh. The male looks easily like an over 150 gram snake but only weighed 128 gram May 28. Maybe their scales make them look larger...

Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #232
the_edsta
These micros are really cool... I love being able to read an older thread from the beginning and get updates as I go! Are these around in the states at all now (as mentioned)? I haven't seen any myself!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #233
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAround View Post
Photo taken today

Close up:

He only weighed 96 grams last December, did not weigh him today but he is large enough to breed I think.

The amel girl is in blue, so no pics of her today.
WOW!! I missed this update! He's gorgeous!
(I forget, is Tara the only one in the states who has these now?)

Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #234
SnakeAround
Tara and Jeff Gale junior have some

And thanks

Old 06-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #235
Kate
Oh my gosh!
I just read this front to back, and I woke my dogs squealing when it proved out as genetic!!!
SO AWESOME!!!!
Seriously, you ROCK!!
Have they featured these in any of the corn genetics books?
How COOL are they!!!
Did you breed any micros this year?

Old 06-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #236
Kate
OOH reading your thread for this years breeding now, SO excited!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #237
SnakeAround
Hi Kate, nice to see you are so excited I did do nothing for it by the way, they just popped up I hope they will be included in The cornsnake genetics manual by Chuck Pritzel but yesterday I read that there won't be a new one this year and maybe not even next year so I am too late for that most probably

Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #238
Kate
Eh, one of these guys on the board will make another genetics book even if he doesn't, don't fret too much.
I just think it's a really fascinating genetic discovery. It's one thing for the skin to change color patterns. It's another for scale size and shape to be completely altered!
And fluke or not, a lot of people on the board told you it was an incubation issue, and not genetic, you took the time to test it out regardless of that!
I'm only sad the founding daddy isn't here to be pampered for his bringing about micros!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #239
SnakeAround
Yeah, I miss him, he was a very nice snake to own I did know it was not an incubation issue, they were so perfect and there were two of them, their whole bodies were covered the same way, they were too identical to be incubation related!

So far I harvested 13 babies from the first clutch, all perfectly fine and with nice sharp, fine and regular patterns I really think that goes along with the gene, even if it is only het.

And you know, I have some great news: the other clutch, the proving clutch, started pipping this afternoon!!!! YAY !!!! Three are showing noses, all normal colored but no idea yet if they are micro's... have to go to bed but can't wait till the morning!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #240
Sacred_Nightmares
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAround View Post
And you know, I have some great news: the other clutch, the proving clutch, started pipping this afternoon!!!! YAY !!!! Three are showing noses, all normal colored but no idea yet if they are micro's... have to go to bed but can't wait till the morning!!!
Omg omg omg!! I'm freaking out with excitement!! XD I can't imagine how you will be able to sleep at all!!! Come on babies! Hatch hatch hatch!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google