CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Humidity

Old 12-21-2022, 04:49 AM   #1
Kcscott
Humidity

As of right now since it's winter. My humidity in the house is 35%. So my question to you is should I get a room humidifier or a tank humidifier for my baby corn? Thank you in advance

Old 12-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
How have the sheds been? If the sheds are complete, I don't think you need to worry about it. And you can always add a humid hide if you'd like to offer your snake a higher humidity area.

Old 12-21-2022, 02:42 PM   #3
Kcscott
I have only had it for 1 1/2 weeks. So no sheds yet. But inside her tank gets around 25% and I know that's too low. I have sprayed water to raise it but I want to do this the right way. Just trying to get ideas.

Old 12-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #4
67temp
As hypnoctopus said you can add a humid hide to help. In reality it's not the ambient humidity that causes shed issues it's their internal hydration. When the humidity is lower it naturally dries things out quicker including the snake. I've had ones that had down near 15% ambient humidity but had access to plenty of fresh water often and a humid hide and they still shed fine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google