CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Connie

Old 08-04-2022, 12:51 AM   #31
schnekkie
Hi, just popping in to check on you and say that I worry about you and Connie and hope you're both doing ok. I know it's been a long and difficult journey.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:40 PM   #32
Rich Z
Well, I guess we are doing as well as can be expected, under the circumstances.

Connie had blood work done yesterday, and the numbers are showing that the injection she had on Thursday might have been a bit of an overdose. Her numbers are a LOT higher than they should be. I don't know what all the acronyms mean, but apparently her doctor is going to discontinue those shots.

Connie was feeling pretty bad ever since the shot, but is pulling out of it. She had a lot of swelling in her legs and various and sundry pains here and there. But she is feeling pretty normal today and is trying to get some exercise by doing things around the house. She seems to have a pretty good appetite, and fortunately doesn't have the nausea that seems to plague a lot of people under chemo treatments.

As for me, I seem to be OK, even after the episode with the well pump. But I seem to be taking a lot of naps lately. Perhaps it is because I really don't have much to do, since I can't be outside doing yard work quite yet. So I will sit on the couch to read a book, and several pages later I am out like a light. Of course, I do my chores with the internet stuff, but that doesn't hold my interest much lately.

Of course, my turning 72 two weeks ago has absolutely nothing to do with the naps.

If I let down my guard, I can feel depression set in over worrying about Connie. She seems to be doing pretty well, but I know we aren't near being out of the woods yet. Ovarian cancer is pretty serious stuff. And sometimes it is just really tough for my imagination to be kept in check so it doesn't run off down those dark "what might happen" paths all around me. When it does, I do have to tap into my valium stock to pull myself back together. Fortunately that isn't very often. Honestly, when I start to feel the fraying at the edges, it gets Connie to worrying more about me than she does herself, and I really don't need to be adding that burden on her. She worries about me bottling up everything inside me, but what are my choices? When she doesn't feel well, it directly affects me. Just no way around that.

Anyway, thank you for asking.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:10 AM   #33
schnekkie
It sounds like it's been hard. I'm pro nap. Be like a reptile and conserve your precious energy. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Old 08-08-2022, 09:06 PM   #34
Rich Z
Heck, I didn't get up till nearly 12, Connie fixed me breakfast, then I did some stuff on the 'net for a while. Decided to read my book for a bit, then wound up taking a nap till after 5. Then Connie made me dinner.

I am feeling pretty useless lately.

I keep telling Connie that I can fix myself something to eat, but she is adamant that she needs to be doing "normal" stuff around the house and keep active. It is no sense in getting into an argument over it. Even washing the dishes, the only time I could wrest that chore away from her was when she was recovering from her surgery. Now, it is like I am trying to take her domain away from her. I think she is just being overly protective of me after my heart attack. She thought she had watched me die right before her eyes on Memorial Day, and I don't think she has quite gotten over that feeling yet.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:44 AM   #35
schnekkie
Well recovery from a heart attack takes months, plural. My neighbor is from Florida and has many health challenges. "You can't kill me that easy" is his motto. Floridians, so obstinate! It's great that you're alive, Rich.

Old 08-14-2022, 01:16 AM   #36
Rich Z
Yeah, I was just reading inline about heart attacks often taking 6 to 8 months to recover completely from.

Saw my cardiologist last week and he is telling me that I need to take it easy for another 4 weeks. Also is going to prescribe some medication to help the heart to heal. I finally got him to admit that the heart attack did cause some heart damage to me. He was reluctant to tell me that last time I talked to him.

Honestly, I thought that heart tissue wouldn't heal after being damaged, but apparently it can with enough time. Scar tissue might form, however, which isn't as flexible as the original muscle tissue. He told me what he will be prescribing is actually a blood pressure medicine, but it also helps to repair heart tissue too.

Just this morning Connie said to me "I am glad you are still here." I am sure that when I had my heart attack she felt I had died and probably has that vision stuck in her mind to pop up unwanted now and again. I know it would me if the situation were reversed. Heck, it is all I can do to hold it together whenever the thought breaks through my barriers that she might die from her cancer. And if she does, well, I will need some way to cut that memory of watching that happen out of my brain permanently. I couldn't just stay on valiums for the rest of my life.

But she has been feeling better, and I am hopeful we can beat this thing. I really don't want to have lived through a heart attack for nothing.

Old 01-08-2023, 01:23 PM   #37
Rich Z
Today (January 8, 2023) is our 45th wedding anniversary. We were married in 1978. I was rooting around in a cabinet and stumbled on some really old photographs of Connie and I. Dated September, 1982. They are prints, and they are rather faded and color shifted to a kind of rust color, so I had to modify them to try to return them to a more natural look.

Old 01-08-2023, 02:23 PM   #38
schnekkie
Happy anniversary!!

Old 01-08-2023, 05:46 PM   #39
hypnoctopus
Happy anniversary! How old were you guys when you got married?

Old 01-08-2023, 07:14 PM   #40
Frank Pinello
All those old photos were beautiful except the last one. �� Thanks for sharing and Happy Anniversary!
Finding old photos always makes me realize how rapidly time moves on. I’m sure it does for most people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google