CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2022 BrightHope pairings

Old 03-25-2022, 03:51 PM   #21
Caryl
Here are Odin (Caramel Ghost Stripe het Amel) and Sunlight. She's either a Citrine het Stripe or a Xanthic Snow het Hypo, Stripe. I have hatched a fair few Xanthic Snows and I believe that Sunlight is a Citrine. Hopefully this season I'll find out.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 03-25-2022, 04:14 PM   #22
hypnoctopus
Haha, I love how the male is looking at you all surprised and offended that you're taking a picture!

Old 03-25-2022, 06:57 PM   #23
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Haha, I love how the male is looking at you all surprised and offended that you're taking a picture!
Right? He's all, "Privacy, PUH-LEEEZE!!" So I got that one shot and closed the bin.

Old 03-31-2022, 07:30 PM   #24
Caryl
I know that conventional wisdom says that one mating should be enough. I hope that's true for Sunlight. I'm afraid that's all she's going to get. Odin was going blue when they were successfully paired before. It took a while to get a lock then. The two times I've tried since, he just isn't willing. She's been doing her best, but he's pretty much ignoring her. So I guess he's deep blue and she's singing the blues.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:19 PM   #25
hypnoctopus
Fingers crossed for you! Hopefully once will be enough. My only pairing this year would only breed twice. Female was ready to go, but my male was only vaguely interested. And then the last time I tried pairing them, my female was *not* having it anymore! (And of course my male was attracted to her frantic movements.)

Old 03-31-2022, 08:52 PM   #26
Caryl
Thanks for the crossed fingers. It's Sunlight's first season. She definitely has those slightly squishy sides that females get with follicles. Hoping once is enough for her, and I will cross my fingers that twice is enough for your girl!

Old 04-18-2022, 08:05 AM   #27
Caryl
Update: I was pretty sure after checking on Tulip last night before bed that she would lay during the night. This morning I awoke to find that she had..... one egg so far.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:40 AM   #28
hypnoctopus
Cool, looking forward to seeing the rest of them!

Old 04-18-2022, 12:06 PM   #29
Caryl
Thanks, me too! I'm not bothering her, but I did try and take a cloudy peek through the sides of the bin and lay box. I can see that there are more eggs. Oh, and Esperanza has cleared a space at the end of her lay box and has that faraway look today.

I think I'll go work on a loaf of sourdough. Maybe I'll knead away some of the anxiousness....

Old 04-18-2022, 06:16 PM   #30
Caryl
Update: Nine hours after discovering Tulip’s first egg, I opened her bin to checked on her and offer her a drink which she declined. I didn’t squeal with delight, but I wanted to! I took a few fast pictures, closed the bin again. So far, counting the first egg which I removed this morning, I’ve counted sixteen beautiful eggs! She isn’t finished yet. I didn’t actually lift and palpate her, but I can clearly tell that she has more inside. Hurray, Tulip! Keep up the good work!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google