CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

SpiritSerpends 2023 breeding plans

Old 01-11-2023, 11:09 PM   #1
Shiari
SpiritSerpends 2023 breeding plans

Finally a year where I'll have multiple females going again! Including 3 entirely new gals so we'll see how they do.

First and most important:

Gabby (0.1 charcoal masque het hypo, amel, diffused) to Gallium (1.0 pewter het lavender), parents to my onyx charcoal lines.

Expectations:

Charcoal and pewter masques or varying levels of darkness. Hoping that lightning will strike a third time and produce another animal of the same quality as Graphite and Onyx.

Old 01-11-2023, 11:12 PM   #2
Shiari
Miss Moose (0.1 anery het hypo, het mystery-hypo (dilute?), 50% amel) x Teherun (1.0 dilute anery motley 66% caramel)

Purpose: Test Moose to see if this mystery hypo is dilute or something new.

(pictures to follow)

Old 01-11-2023, 11:18 PM   #3
Shiari
Athael (0.1 ultramel charcoal motley) to Tuveran (1.0 Salmon snow stripe)

Expectations:

Red factor amel motley-stripes het charcoal, anery
Red factor ultramel motley-stripes het charcoal, anery

I will be keeping back a 1.1 of the amels to work towards salmon blizzard stripes.

Old 01-11-2023, 11:20 PM   #4
Shiari
Ayen (0.1 palmetto ph amel, anery) to either Tuveran (1.0 salmon snow stripe) or Bansidhe (1.0 Ghost lavender het charcoal)

Expectations: TBD

Old 01-11-2023, 11:22 PM   #5
Shiari
Anna (0.1 LBR candycane) - options of loan back to Carol or pair to Pard (1.0 anery leopard motley) to test him for het amel.

Expectations: TBD

Old 01-11-2023, 11:29 PM   #6
Shiari
Morse (0.1 anery motley-stripe het hypo, amel) to Pard (anery leopard motley) - Morse will be here on breeding loan

expectations:

anery motleys with varying amounts of leopard patterning

This female produced a small clutch with an offspring showing a few areas of leopard patterning. Most of the clutch was banded motleys, but the semi-leopard baby also showed some pinstriping.

My current pet theory is that Leopard is the result of simultaneous expression of the selectively bred traits for banded motleys and the selectively bred traits for pinstripe motley.

(pictures to follow)

Old 01-11-2023, 11:44 PM   #7
Shiari
Sova (0.1 lavender het charcoal diffused, possibly peach) to Peter (1.0 pewter 50% hypo, lavender, amel)

Expectations:
Normals, charcoals, diffused, pewters with hets and phets.
Hopefully some lavenders, plasmas, and charcoal lavenders as well.

It will be interesting to see how dark any single gene charcoal babies are as Peter is out of my dark charcoal line though only a mid shade himself.

Old 01-12-2023, 10:53 AM   #8
hypnoctopus
Nice pairings! I love that ultramel charcoal motley. Perfect motley expression. I'll be interested to see what happens with your leopard motley project too.

Old 01-13-2023, 02:00 AM   #9
Shiari
As we're now trying to figure out where the potential Peach is coming from, the same friend loaning me Morse is providing another female as well.

Kitty Junior (0.1 Lavender het hypo) to Gallium (1.0 Pewter het lavender)

Gallium is a somewhat strange looking pewter, and is not at all het for hypo. If we produce more peach-looking babies with this lavender, we'll have an answer.

(pictures to follow)

Old 01-13-2023, 04:44 PM   #10
Frank Pinello
Looking forward to see the outcomes this summer! Thanks for sharing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google