CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hi from Portland

Old 06-20-2022, 05:14 PM   #11
schnekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eremita View Post
Welcome! He's cute; nice table too.

-s.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Old 09-04-2022, 01:04 AM   #12
liz08
Hello from Vancouver, across the river.
Krtek is beautiful!
Krtek will probably get big enough and eventually not mind being transported across your shoulders

Old 09-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #13
schnekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz08 View Post
Hello from Vancouver, across the river.
Krtek is beautiful!
Krtek will probably get big enough and eventually not mind being transported across your shoulders
Hello to you Liz! Thank you! I love my snake so much! I did a DNA test and it turns out he's a she, and she's been growing a lot! She shed July 31 and august 31, and now is about 35" long. I got an Animal Plastics enclosure for her that is 48" wide. She hasn't come out since it arrived mid August. I assume it's because it's very comfortable, and because of all the shedding.

Old 09-08-2022, 04:15 PM   #14
liz08
Smile

Krtek sounds very content in her new home!
My "Congo" also snoozes for long periods when he is shedding. Incidentally, people will buy the shed skins on ebay.
I love my snake buddy too. He's a phenomenal pet! No noise, no fleas! I have learned his digestive schedule...I take him out to the yard when I know he has to poop. He goes out there, and it keeps the tank clean.
And I believe they get to know and trust us, in their own way.

Old 11-18-2022, 10:16 AM   #15
Hotwater84
Great looking snake she seems really happy and glad you found out it’s a she! They are fun animals and extremely easy to care for once you have the basic necessities. I really enjoy mine I had one when I was a kid and it’s fun bringing one back into my life to share with my family.

Old 11-19-2022, 04:10 PM   #16
liz08
Yes, they are great! So mellow.
We got a sunny day here, and Congo cruised around the lawn a bit.
We do this often, and if it's too cold, he will come up to my ankles and rear up a bit, to be taken in. I swear this is true, it's happened several times. They do learn to recognize us.

Old 11-20-2022, 03:36 PM   #17
schnekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwater84 View Post
Great looking snake she seems really happy and glad you found out it’s a she! They are fun animals and extremely easy to care for once you have the basic necessities. I really enjoy mine I had one when I was a kid and it’s fun bringing one back into my life to share with my family.
Thank you! I love watching her climb and explore the clutter I put on my dining room table. She's so smart and has figured out how to get down to the floor, though, oops. I put little videos of her on my Instagram stories. My friends seem to enjoy watching her do her thing.

Old 11-20-2022, 03:41 PM   #18
schnekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz08 View Post
Yes, they are great! So mellow.
We got a sunny day here, and Congo cruised around the lawn a bit.
We do this often, and if it's too cold, he will come up to my ankles and rear up a bit, to be taken in. I swear this is true, it's happened several times. They do learn to recognize us.
Wow, Congo sounds amazing! It's great to have an animal's trust. I try to envision my snake's point of view so that I'm treating her how she'd like. Sounds like you and Congo have a great bond.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google