CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

cornsnake X yellow rat snake crosses

Old 09-18-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
jp8899
cornsnake X yellow rat snake crosses

Is there anyone out there working with these. I have a pair of albino het albino rat snakes I may in the future try to "go there". Any thoughts or experiences with this subject? I hope I posted this in the right area. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
A Corn snake is a rat snake and as I understand it, they can all cross breed. In fact a lot of the Corn Snake Morphs I've seen actually look like the Grey Rat snakes and the Yellow Rat snakes. I'm sure somebody out there has done it or is doing it, but I can't direct you. Sorry.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:49 PM   #3
jp8899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
A Corn snake is a rat snake and as I understand it, they can all cross breed. In fact a lot of the Corn Snake Morphs I've seen actually look like the Grey Rat snakes and the Yellow Rat snakes. I'm sure somebody out there has done it or is doing it, but I can't direct you. Sorry.
I am well aware that a corn snake is indeed a red rat snake I am an experienced breeder. I do know that they can in fact be crossed. I am looking for someone with experience in the cross breeding. Thank you for your reply. I know I am new here if you check in new members area I have posted there my experience. Although I am still learning things I am definitely not a total newbie. I am trying to work with new animals. While also working with animals I am experienced with also.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:52 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
well excuuuuuuse me

Old 09-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #5
jp8899
Quote:
well excuuuuuuse me
I am definitely not trying to be harsh or rude. Sorry if it sounded that way. Was not ment to be. I was just explaining myself. Was not trying to offend you.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:59 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
well you did say "...I am well aware that a corn snake is indeed a red rat snake I am an experienced breeder......"

and you also said "......I am looking for someone with experience in the cross breeding...."

Why would it be any different? They are all Rat snakes. You're an experienced breeder. Just put a Red one and a Grey one together or a Yellow one and a Grey one whatever and see what happens. They'll either mate or they won't. Right?

Old 09-18-2015, 11:05 PM   #7
hypnoctopus
Quote:
well excuuuuuuse me
That seems really uncalled for.

As for the original question, I'm not well versed in the interspecific hybrids, but I tend to think that not a lot of people are working with them. Iansvivarium.com has a list of corn/rat hybrids if you haven't already been there.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:06 PM   #8
jp8899
Quote:
well you did say "...I am well aware that a corn snake is indeed a red rat snake I am an experienced breeder......"

and you also said "......I am looking for someone with experience in the cross breeding...."

Why would it be any different? They are all Rat snakes. You're an experienced breeder. Just put a Red one and a Grey one together or a Yellow one and a Grey one whatever and see what happens. They'll either mate or they won't. Right?
Yes, you are correct. They will or they wont. I guess I went about this wrong. I have tried to research this subject. I have not been successfull in finding the answers I am looking for. From what I gather I will have to breed and raise up baby's and pair back to mother or father with offspring and eventually end up with tequila sunrise babies. This is a long term or "possible" project so I am looking for info from someone who has tried or has been successful with the project. Again I was not trying to offend you or anyone.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:10 PM   #9
jp8899
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post

As for the original question, I'm not well versed in the interspecific hybrids, but I tend to think that not a lot of people are working with them. Iansvivarium.com has a list of corn/rat hybrids if you haven't already been there.
Thank you I will look there. I am just researching and thinking about this project.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:38 AM   #10
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp8899 View Post
From what I gather I will have to breed and raise up baby's and pair back to mother or father with offspring and eventually end up with tequila sunrise babies.
Wait, what? I haven't followed Sean's work with tequila sunrise very well (what up with the inaccessable/nonexistent documentation in the hobby anyway? ) but I didn't think they were hybrids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I imagine it's a reference to Arrested Development.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google