CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first year breeding

Old 03-31-2022, 08:14 AM   #71
inu009
SO!!!!

Checked on her this morning, she was at the bottom of the container, pull the moss back and saw those pearly whites. I teared up lol. Got her out, make sure she got them all out, teared up again. Lmao.

I had in my mind that snake eggs looks smaller then they are on YouTube, but man are these tiny lol. I in my haste and excitement, I forgot to count until after I had nestled them in the pearlite, but I think she laid 28 eggs (holy shit)

Name:  FPLS7HxX0AsOBTT.jpeg
Views: 138
Size:  54.4 KB

And my poor girl, wow, she went from a little over 700 grams to just over 400 grams. Like noted before she was on the kinda chunky side, so I would never expect to see her like this lol. I have a mouse thawing for her, hopefully she eats. I know the lighting is terrible, but I was shaking and just wanted to get her back in her enclosure.

Name:  FPLTnQJXoAICwrG.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  33.5 KB

Old 03-31-2022, 08:30 AM   #72
inu009
She was hesitant, but she took a small mouse hopefully it stays down (remember before this she was on jumbo mice)

If the dent eggs dont plumb back up by tonight, I'm going to put a layer a (barely) damp moss. I kinda want to do that away to keep potential condensation drips off of the eggs.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:39 AM   #73
inu009
I just want to thank EVERYONE who participated in this thread, for giving me advice or just calming my nerves. I also want to acknowledge the decades of old posts and threads I've been reading, to get me excited and get me through.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:01 AM   #74
67temp
Congrats! Thats a nice size clutch.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:24 AM   #75
Caryl
Congratulations!! That's a very nice clutch. Bean did her job well. And so did you.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 03-31-2022, 09:49 AM   #76
hypnoctopus
Wow, that's a good amount of eggs! Good job Bean!

Old 03-31-2022, 11:09 AM   #77
inu009
I was expecting like 10 eggs, 20 TOPS lmao

Old 03-31-2022, 09:10 PM   #78
Frank Pinello
Awesome! Eggs look good and mom looks good. Done like a pro. Great job....now the waiting REALLY starts.
Congrats!

Old 04-03-2022, 02:40 PM   #79
inu009
Updates!!!

Mom: Ate just fine on Thursday, (no poop yet) but has started her post lay shed. I got out out this morning to weigh her and when I put her back she took a nice long drink of water. I won't feed her again until after she sheds. I have one more small mouse left then back up to adult mice.
Name:  IMG_4345.jpeg
Views: 129
Size:  76.1 KB

Eggs: The ones that were dented didn't puff up on thier own so I put some damp moss overnight and it worked, this was Saturday. I did remove the moss from the top afterwards. I'm not planing on checking on them today. I'm thinking of checking the eggs again in 2 days, then 5 days after that, and then after that once a week.
Name:  IMG_4342.jpeg
Views: 127
Size:  102.8 KB

They've already gotten noticeably bigger. Thank the lord she got them out when she did.

Also are eggs supposed to be completely odorless? There was a bit of a smell, nothing really foul, but I did smell *something*.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:41 PM   #80
Rich Z
Usually you can only smell bad eggs. Probably a survival trait, I would guess. Eggs with an odor would be quickly found by predators.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google