CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Fuzzy vs hopper

Old 03-26-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
James5570
Fuzzy vs hopper

Hi all...I have a 1.5 year old corn snake that I feel I've may e been under feeding (she just moved to fuzzy mouse last week) After she figured out what it was she took her first fuzzy like a champ...Should I just be upping to a hopper right away? I'm not comfortable basing it off my own judgment if it's 1.5x it's body as Im still fairly new...Today is feeding day and I dont want to starve her...I still have 4 pinkies I'd hate to just toss...Should I just stick to another fuzzy and throw in a pinkie as well if she takes it? Thanks all

Old 03-26-2022, 04:59 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Can you weigh her with a gram scale? She probably isn't ready for hoppers if she just moved up to fuzzies. Since they only grow as much as they're fed, even if her age typically would be eating larger meals, she may not be ready for them and you wouldn't want to risk a regurge from overfeeding her. However, if you want to give her a little growth spurt, you can up her feeding frequency to every 5 days. As for the leftover pinkies, you could do two feedings of double pinkies, 5 days apart, and then put her back on a single fuzzy every 5 days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google