CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

2023 BREEDING SEASON

Old 05-24-2023, 09:01 PM   #1
ecreipeoj
2023 BREEDING SEASON

I have a lot of interesting Breedings planned this year. My Genetic Vault contains most of the Mutant Genes discovered in our Corns. I have been building from within for many years now, only rarely adding anything, since Stargazer was described, as a recessive gene. I did my time Testing ALL of my Sunkissed lines,to prove they are SG Free. I even have het SG and homo SG in my vault, just in case I need to test some more, which I do. You will see some of that testing in this thread.

I treat my breeding of Corn Snakes like a hobby, because that is what it is to me. I want to know the TRUTH about the genetics of my Corns, because that is what caused me to choose Corn Snakes, over other more profitable things like Balls, or Boas. Corns are easy to maintain and breed, and with at least 20 Mutant Gene to work with, the new possible Combines, seem to be endless.

I maintain two distinct lines of Corn Snakes. One takes up ¾ of the room in my snake trailer, and holds many multiple Combines, from the Corn Snake Gene Pool. Like I said, I have just about every Gene covered. I know as much about creating new combines from these Genes, as anybody. Since I tested all of my Sunkissed lines for Stargazer, it set me back several years with my Sunkissed Projects. Since my Sunkissed lines, are SG Free, I have invested many years, creating new Projects to create Striped Sunkissed in every color I can come up with. My Colony is advanced enough in creating Combines, that I have learned new ways to speed up the process and reach my goals. Breedings such as Striped Snow Sunkissed x Sunkissed Lava het Amel, produces ALL Sunkissed het Striped Amel Ice. Targets, Striped Lava Sunkissed and Striped Ice Sunkissed. A breeding of Striped Anery Sunkissed het Amel X Striped Pied-Sided, produce ALL Striped het Anery Pied-Sided Sunkissed. If I can't produce a Mutant, over the Normal Phase, when creating Projects, many times I skip the idea for the time being.

I have no idea why Sunkissed caused the Striped gene to do what it does, but it is consistent, and you can still see the pattern, with multiple addition of Mutant Color added. Striped Sunkissed are ripe for new one of a kinds, and I have many Projects producing new things every year now. I have noticed a difference from the Border-less gene on Striped Sunkissed, now that I understand the Border-less gene better. A Cubed Sunkissed, has squares down its back instead of ovals. I bred a Striped Anery Sunkissed het Amel X Perfect Striped Blue het Amel, to begin my quest towards Striped Blue Sunkissed. I had not noticed any difference in Striped Sunkissed, relating to Cubes at that time, BUT I did notice the Cubed/Partial Striped Anerys het Sunkissed Dilute, and Cube/Partial Striped Snow Striped Sunkissed Dilutes, I produced from the breeding. Damn, Cubes in my Projects again, but no problem, it doesn't seem to effect Striped Sunkissed. Today, I can See that I produce Oval patterns, or Square patterns down the backs of Striped Sunkissed. The Square patterns are Cubed Sunkissed.

Photos:
Striped Hypo Cinder X Striped Amel Sunkissed.
I have never produced a Shatter Corn. I want to SEE what happens when the Shatter Corn crashes into Striped Sunkissed. Will one cover the other, OR will I create a new phenotype, of Striped Shattered, (Striped, Sunkissed, Cinders)?

Striped Sunkissed het Snow Caramel X Striped Blue

Honey het Amel Striped Lava X het Amel Caramel Lava Striped Sunkissed
My original line I created to produce Striped Topaz Sunkissed (Striped Butter x Lava Sunkissed Okeetee het Amel

Old 05-24-2023, 09:10 PM   #2
ecreipeoj
Magmas (Lava Bloodred)

I have a lot of Bloodreds in my Genetic Vault. You will get to see some of them in this thread. Since I discovered the Lava Gene, naturally, Lava Bloodreds were an obvious choice. I have created my share of First of their Kind, and quite a bit of the Corn Snake Jargon, you have learned to speak. I have pretty much got my way with Naming New Lava Combines, but some of them are other Breeders ideas. Things like, Ice, Lavamel, Topaz and of course Magmas. My latest is Magma Flows, for those UGLY Corns with lots of black every where. I am getting some with so much black/purple in there blotches, that they do look like flowing lava when they move. Is there a mutant gene adding this black, or am I just uncovering what has been hidden beneath Border-less?

I have a THIRD line of Magmas, that I will be breeding this year! The Project was started with a male Ice Blood x Extreme PS. I think my Ice Blood is het for everything a Blood can be het for. The Bloodred Theory is not complete. The PS Mystery, is just that, it is still a mystery. I have some ideas I will talk about when I post photos of them breeding. PS is compatible with our Bloodreds, but they have something extra. Is PS an allele to Bloodreds? Is PS, helped by a hypo clear gene of some kind? I know the dirty wash on many wild lines of Corns is gone, like Kathy L described her Jasper County Okeetees to be selectively bred to remove. PS may have a different dominant or recessive Border-less gene, that removes the dirty wash and lightens/brightens. A different Rat Snake gene than the Border-less gene is. Something, like white-sided Rat or something.

I have breed PS to create many projects with the intent to create the many Combines of Bloodred, in Pied-Sided. It hasn't worked out that way. I think when we cross PS/Bloodred, we drop to 1 in 12 or even worse, reproducing PS. I will explain why I think that may be as I post relevant breedings. My newest Magma Project started by breeding my Ice Blood Male X Extreme PS het Hypo. I produced 2.0 PS het Ice Bloodreds (low expression) with the same squared pattern of PS's and 0.3 Bloodreds het PS Ice. ALL have very noticeable borders. I think PS didn't produce homo Border-less in any of my Projects. PS have something extra on top of them, and I hope I SEE something, when the babies hatch, and the PS Humpty Dumpty is put back together. I haven't given up on reproducing the PS Pheno on my Magmas! The Clear Hypo Gene that removes the dirty wash, and brightens, may allow the white to spread. Any, and all ideas are welcome.

Photos Magma Flows:
Magma Flow
Granite het Lava
Bloodred het Ice
Dirty Lava het Bloodred

Old 05-24-2023, 09:26 PM   #3
ecreipeoj
Striped Magma/PS and Ruby Magma

I have been trying to create Striped Magmas for many years now. I ended up with 2.1 Bloodreds het Striped Lava PS and 0.1 RedCoat het B/PS Striped Lava. Both of the females are as dark as I have ever seen, and any black on them looks slightly hypomelanistic, so very, very dark purple.

I have been saving back any interesting offspring from these breedings and noticed some very, very dark coloration on some of the mutant combines in the clutches, such as Magmas, Stripes and Lavas.

Over the years, I held all of the Darkies back, and have begun to call the Magmas Rubies, or Ruby Magmas. I am beginning to believe that there is a mutant gene causing the Dark offspring, but only time will tell for sure. Ruby Magmas are the same color as their eyes, and truly look like Rubies. A name in line with the mineral names of the Lava Combines.

I have produced every combine from this project except Striped Magmas. Maybe this will be the year.

Photos:
Pied-Sided ph Striped Lava
Bloodred het Striped PS Ice x SAME (DARK female)
Ruby Magma
Ruby Magma
Ruby Magma ph Stripe X RedCoat Striped ph PS Lava

Old 05-24-2023, 10:18 PM   #4
ecreipeoj
One of a Kind Tessera Breedings

I have about 10 one of a kind Tesseras that I will be breeding this year, to produce more of the same.

Striped Anery Tessera het Lava X Sunkissed Lava will produce Lava Tesseras het Striped Anery Sunkissed. How will Striped Sunkissed and Tessera interact? I don't think the rules for Striped Tesseras and Perfect Stripes is the same. It may in fact be the opposite.

Photos:
Striped Anery Tessera het Lava x Sunkissed Lava

Amel Lava Sunkissed Tessera X RedCoat Sunkissed Lava het Amel

Topaz Sunkissed x Amel Lava Sunkissed Tesseras het Caramel

Lava Tesseras het M/S x Lava Motley het Striped

Old 05-26-2023, 07:22 PM   #5
ecreipeoj
Lavender het Sunkissed Lava x SAME

I have been breeding these guys together for years. They don't have a hint of pink, but produce Red Factor babies. It is obvious to me, that RF is a recessive gene, just like all over recessive genes in our Corns.

I have been using my Orchid to make Sunkissed het Striped Opal Projects the last two years. This year she gets this male too.

Check out the last photo. She is a first of her kind. She is a Lava Lavender Sunkissed!

Old 05-26-2023, 07:29 PM   #6
ecreipeoj
One of a Kind Tessera Breedings

Some second breedings, and I decided to breed Anery Striped Tessera het Lava x Striped Lava het Anery, to created more Anery Striped Tessera, Lava Striped Tessera, and maybe Ice Striped Tesseras. Half the clutch should be Stripes and the other half Striped Tessras.

The last photo is a new one of a kind. She is a Lava Motley Tessera. The breeding above her, should produce more just like her. I have produced Blue Motley Tesseras and now Lava Motley Tesseras. They are both extremely nice phenotypes.

Old 05-26-2023, 07:44 PM   #7
ecreipeoj
Champagne Snows

I bought a single male Striped Champagne many years ago and created many Projects from him. I have been saving back some of his offspring for many years now. This year, I will have several adult female Champagnes producing, that are as PINK as you can get. They are just getting started. Here are a few photos.

In the first photo you see a Champagne Motley het Striped Sunkissed x Amel het Striped Ice Sunkissed. She is what I would call a Cherry Amel. I read a post about an Amel line that had three red genes in it called Cherry. I think this girl is homo for RedCoat, Red Factor, and Red Blotched, or is it called "Cherry"? This breeding will produce Striped Champagnes and Striped Amels, as pink and red as they get.

Since recovering Striped Champagnes from my projects, I came up with a couple of first of their kind. Motley Champagnes were new here, and now check out the last photo. It is a Champagne Sunkissed with a perfect Striped Champagne. Not as nice as the St Chp, maybe missing RedCoat, but she is still brand new.

Old 05-26-2023, 07:50 PM   #8
ecreipeoj
Salmon

I bought one male Salmon and breed him to a Jasper County Lava. I only produced a pair, but they are grown up now, and I am breeding the Salmon Snow X his daughter Okeetee het Salmon Lava. Hopefully, I will get a nice clutch and be able to see all the pieces of the Salmon Snow in the offspring.

I am also breeding him to this Snow Motley, from the Champagne line. She produces half a clutch of very pink Chp, and others like her. I think the two lines will match up nicely. I think both lines are homo RC RF RB.

Old 05-26-2023, 07:53 PM   #9
ecreipeoj
RedCoat Striped Lava X Striped Lava het Anery

I am using most of my Striped Lavas, and Lava Motleys for Tessera Projects and others, but I have a couple of new RC Striped Lavas, I wanted to get bred this year.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:00 PM   #10
ecreipeoj
Ice Blood x Magma

This is my original Ice Blood born in 2010. I have quite a few new male Magmas to breed this year, but he is still needed to cover a few female Magmas.

I have used this male to create most of my Magma Projects, including, Magma Flow, Striped Magma, Ruby Magma, and PS Magma.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google