CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Are Lavenders Lazy?

Old 02-15-2024, 10:18 AM   #1
SnakeSmithS
Are Lavenders Lazy?

All 4 of the Lavenders I have (photo of one of my males [Ultramel Lavender Aztec; maybe Peach] for eye candy) are without a doubt the most inactive corns I have ever owned. They are seriously the "Ball Pythons" of my collection . My sample size is quite small though, so I started wondering if I just randomly ended up with 4 lazy Lavenders, or if this is a personality trait that others have noticed? Thanks in advance for any insights.

Old 02-16-2024, 08:31 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
I currently have two adult lavenders and one baby and they seem average in their activity levels - most time spent hiding, but occasionally I'll see them out. All of mine are definitely not very comfortable with handling though. The baby might grow out of it, but adults are quite flighty.

Old 02-16-2024, 12:06 PM   #3
SnakeSmithS
Interesting... 3 of my 4 lavenders are adults, and are very calm... but they rarely come out of their hides. I'm actually concerned the females may not have the muscle tone to lay eggs successfully so I have been handling them frequently to hopefully help with that situation. I do have a 2 year old female Lavender that is quite nervous, a lot like most of the Sunkissed that I have, but none of my Lavenders have any Sunkissed in their lineage that I know of. Perhaps my "lazy Lavenders" are just a random happenstance?

Old 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM   #4
Shiari
My lavender girl does NOT like being handled and is pretty active overall

Old 03-09-2024, 01:23 AM   #5
Shylie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeSmithS View Post
Interesting... 3 of my 4 lavenders are adults, and are very calm... but they rarely come out of their hides. I'm actually concerned the females may not have the muscle tone to lay eggs successfully so I have been handling them frequently to hopefully help with that situation. I do have a 2 year old female Lavender that is quite nervous, a lot like most of the Sunkissed that I have, but none of my Lavenders have any Sunkissed in their lineage that I know of. Perhaps my "lazy Lavenders" are just a random happenstance?
It's fascinating how behavior can vary even within the same species. Handling your lavender geckos frequently to encourage muscle tone for egg-laying is a proactive approach. Perhaps their calm demeanor is just a unique trait!

Old 03-09-2024, 11:13 PM   #6
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylie View Post
It's fascinating how behavior can vary even within the same species. Handling your lavender geckos frequently to encourage muscle tone for egg-laying is a proactive approach. Perhaps their calm demeanor is just a unique trait!
Uh, I believe this discussion is about lavender corn snakes, not lavender geckos.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google