CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

feeding new items veggies

Old 04-11-2002, 08:55 PM   #11
kenalotia
From what I can tell, just about everyone who's met our iguana has been very accepting. More than accepting. Last summer we took him out for a walk on the town commons. (He rode on my boyfriend's shoulder.) More than half the people we passed stopped to comment and wanted to pet him. Some of them wanted to try to feed him whatever food they had on them.

I haven't tried this with a snake for a couple of reasons. One, I'm much more worried about a snake escaping, and two, people tend to have greater fears about snakes. In reality, our iguana could hurt people a lot worse than a corn snake could, if he wanted to. He's well equipped to defend himself, with sharp claws, a whip-like tail, and sharp teeth. It's extremely unusual for him to try to hurt someone (I can't remember the last time he tried), but he definitely has the capability. But then again, so do dogs, and not many people are afraid of them.

K

Old 04-11-2002, 11:09 PM   #12
jim
iguana....

the only herp i own other than my snakes is an iguana. he also will eat anything you let him. (not that he gets anything on a regular basis other than his fruits and veggies) he absolutely loves crickets. once a onth just as a snack he gets a couple of crickets. he is leash-trained and loves to be outside and go for walks. when he gets tired he just climbs up the back of my leg and rides on my shoulder. he can stay perfectly still up there to the point where many people don't believe he is real. i once brught him into wegmans (a local grocery store) with me (on my shoulder) to pick up some veggies. most people thought he was fake and noone said anything until while in line i put his veggies on the counter to be rung up. he must have thought i was giving them away and wasn't having any of that. off my shoulder he went, right onto the conveyor belt!!!! plop!!! i think he was trying to grab the bag of greens and run with it, but i had ahold of his leash. you know the kid in the movie home alone when he puts the after shave on his face??? that is the same look and scream i got from the cashier....
needless to say, ziegfried (my iguana) no longer shops at wegmans. ...enjoy!!!---jim

Old 04-12-2002, 03:10 AM   #13
Iris
Lol what a funny story! If I ever got another herp it would be a bearded dragon but I don't think I would be able to keep up with its needs...So yeah, I'll just stick with snake(s). And a dog and a cat in the very very distant future. And a cockatiel.
Did I ever mention that I like animals??

Old 04-12-2002, 08:12 AM   #14
nicky
lol that;s funny

Aww that's so cute. Yup you got to love animals.

Old 04-13-2002, 10:05 AM   #15
bozoskeleton
This thread reminds me of the episode of "Futurama" where the hippies taught their lion to eat tofu. I guess you had to see it.

Bryan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google