CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

"eye caps"

Old 02-13-2004, 12:38 PM   #31
CornCrazy
Leia...

If you would make a moist hide for your snake, you could remedy the shedding problems. Simply take a butter bowl (with lid) or other appropriately sized container and cut a hole in the top or side. Put damp paper towels or sphagnum moss in it and place it in your snake's enclosure. You snake will love hiding in it and it will help your snake to shed better.

Old 02-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #32
leia
Re: Leia...

Quote:
Originally posted by CornCrazy
If you would make a moist hide for your snake, you could remedy the shedding problems. Simply take a butter bowl (with lid) or other appropriately sized container and cut a hole in the top or side. Put damp paper towels or sphagnum moss in it and place it in your snake's enclosure. You snake will love hiding in it and it will help your snake to shed better.
Thanks for the idea, I was actually going to try that as soon as I use up some margarine

The only problem I can see with that is the fact that my snake seems to hate water. He freaks out a little when I mist him, or put him in his water dish or soak him. But maybe I can trick him into liking it.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:18 PM   #33
CornCrazy
I've noticed that mine don't like to be misted, either. They ALL love their moist hides, though!

Old 02-13-2004, 02:21 PM   #34
Skye
agreed - mine hate misting too, but with all this snow and dry air I am not willing to risk health with bad sheds

Skye

Old 02-13-2004, 08:35 PM   #35
MegF.
I'm going to mist mine next time, but I've noticed that she loves laying in her planter. When she gets close to shed, I'm just going to extra water the plant in her viv, and she can lay in there all she wants.

Old 02-14-2004, 03:28 AM   #36
5bandit5
Quote:
Originally posted by CornCrazy
I've noticed that mine don't like to be misted, either. They ALL love their moist hides, though!
Terri, SneakySnake just shed, for the 4th time since I've had him, (still think he's a girl), Wanted to thank you all for just telling the truth. Sometimes, no matter what we do, they get in trouble. I could never imagine that he wasn't done. I just saw a little piece, thought I had it, put him/her back in the cage, unbelievable, the angle that he was dragging his tail across the bottom, (90°), boy, Am I so lucky for all you guys! AND was he so happy to be rid of it! YES!!! Thanks from the P-household!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google