CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Post Your Viv!!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #41
Karoni
I'm hoping this is going to work. I'm having trouble posting pics. I just got a digital camera, so I can finally post to this thread. Here's my two vivs. The newspaper isn't natural looking, but I try to make the rest of the viv look natural.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #42
OkeeteeMom
YAY Karoni, we finally get pix! Those Vivs are sweet. I use the exact same background.
Now...where's the kidsss????

Old 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #43
Jenber
Working on upgrading!

So the first 2 pics are my husband's corn, I took the first pic and then he was just too cute trying to say "can i come out now?" so i had to take another!

Then my colombian boa and my central american boa's tanks

Then the tubs that are anxiously awaiting the arrival of 2 black rat snakes! (i only took a pic of one, cuz they are set up exactly the same)

I realize i don't have some of the best equipment yet or a fantastic arrangement on the shelving, but we're saving up to upgrade all the heating and gauges, and my husband is designing and building a new caging system for us!

Once the new caging is in progress I'll post some pics of it *pinkie promise*

Old 11-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #44
SHAKSNAKE
here's my Viv. i wanted to recreate a corn snakes natural setting. not sure if i got it right though, looks more tropical than forest to me! but the cypress brings a more forest feel.

Name:  DSCN0203.JPG
Views: 1079
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  DSCN0205.JPG
Views: 1093
Size:  108.6 KB

Name:  DSCN0207.JPG
Views: 1068
Size:  92.2 KB

i have a betta in the water bowl now. the snake usually drinks out of the waterfall now anyway!

Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #45
hetfeildfan
to shaksnake: I love the betta in the bowl. I want to do the same thing, but I wasnt sure if it would be ok. Although the viv atmosphere is right on the water in my lil "pond" is very cold. If I put a betta in the water would it be a problem for my hatchling if she decided to take a drink or a swim? i hve a small water dish besides the pond. I want a waterfall in the future.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #46
insomniac
Heres mine... 20L Critter cage. Snake just ate so she's hiding digesting.

Hot end

cool end

Repti-temp 500 thermostat for UTH, and dimmer for Red heat light on cool end for really cold nights

Old 11-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #47
Haarstad
Insomniac, I have the same lock for my zilla. So the nephew can't get in

Love all the vivs!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #48
hetfeildfan
karoni i love the plants in your viv.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #49
Karoni
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetfeildfan View Post
karoni i love the plants in your viv.
Thanks, hetfeildfan. I got them at PetSmart. They come in a variety of sizes and plant species. I decided to stick mine to the side of the viv with the suction cup. My snakes like to play tarzan in their vines.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #50
clintham
my corn's viv - partitioned 3ft viv cos hes a hatchie.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
setup, terrarium, vivarium