CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn)

Old 06-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #21
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2010 View Post
WTH have you done to your poor snake? Well, assuming this is true because it just sounds so off the wall, I will go ahead and type out what I think.

First, don't put her under a lamp.. it's too hot.. corns only need under the belly heat to digest and only up to 85 F at the hottest. The lamp might of been too hot and she overheated. If your room wasn't below 70 then the lamp wasn't necessary. She will be just fine with an under the tank heating pad she can lay over when she needs to digest. Just don't let the pad get over 85 F. It will burn the crap out of her.

I'm at a loss as to why you are "popping" her if you thought she was dead.. You popped her too hard and injured her.

Next, not a good idea to pick her up and toss her around like that.. and lying her on her back.

If she does that again, please take her to a vet that knows about herps.
Like i said, she was under the lamp because she was in her feeding bin which had NO heat source because it is just used for FEEDING and my room was really cold, and i read if things are too cold they will not eat.

I poped her to make sure that "she" was indeed a female and to get a feel of how popping snakes is. I read you should never attempt to pop a young snake. But she was dead so hey... vet? Okay check!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiman07 View Post
OPPS i messed it up.. today is not my day i swear!! SORRY guys

also your getting more baby corns maybe you should start with an older snake so you can learn everything you can babys can be a little temperamental i think especially if your new to snakes! just my 2 cents!

Yes i am getting 4 more at the up coming expo. And a pastel BP

Old 06-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #23
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiman07 View Post
sooo your not wanting her now?! what kind of corn is she!
sarcasm and she is a Anery

Old 06-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #24
Ares2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto View Post
Like i said, she was under the lamp because she was in her feeding bin which had NO heat source because it is just used for FEEDING and my room was really cold, and i read if things are too cold they will not eat.

I poped her to make sure that "she" was indeed a female and to get a feel of how popping snakes is. I read you should never attempt to pop a young snake. But she was dead so hey... vet? Okay check!
As long as it's not below 70 in the room when you go to feed her, she will be just fine. The lamp made her way too hot. And as someone else pointed out.. sounds like you have it too hot in her tank and that's one reason she is drinking so much water.

Well, now that you appeared to have injured her, might be a good idea to get her to a vet to have her vent checked out.

In the meantime, make the heating pad in her tank no hotter than 85 F and the room not below 65 F at the coolest.

I hope she will be ok

Old 06-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #25
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceduke View Post
Shiari said it better than I could have. Perhaps it's time to look around for a new home for your snake, or do some research on con snake care and temperature regulation.
You have successfully managed to point out all of my flaws, no what advice can YOU give on dealing with the swollen vent? I removed the water bowl and as of now have her on paper towel.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #26
Ares2010
Not to sound like an ass or anything, but please make sure you are taking care of your corn properly before getting any other snakes. It just seems to me you might need a bit more experience before you take on other snakes. Hey.. I had zero knowledge last year when I took on a snake that desperately needed a home in an emergency..

Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #27
naruto
Quote:
As long as it's not below 70 in the room when you go to feed her, she will be just fine. The lamp made her way too hot. And as someone else pointed out.. sounds like you have it too hot in her tank and that's one reason she is drinking so much water.

Well, now that you appeared to have injured her, might be a good idea to get her to a vet to have her vent checked out.

In the meantime, make the heating pad in her tank no hotter than 85 F and the room not below 65 F at the coolest.

I hope she will be ok
My hot side temp is 85.7 and the hottest it can get on the warm side is 90.3 at the heat mat if she were to burrow, my temps are monitored with a digital probe thermometer and infra red temp gun.

If you can give me a herp vet in NYC that is withing walking or train distance price i'll gladly go.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #28
neiman07
why did you remove her water?! the only time there shouldnt be water is when they are first settling down to hibernate! i believe??!

i cant help you on the swallon vent never had an issue with that before, sorry!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #29
naruto
Quote:
No to sound like an ass or anything, but please make sure you are taking care of your corn properly before getting any other snakes.
I can assure you my husbandry is A+, it was on mistake i made assuming my corn snake was dead. You don't seem like ass one bit, this is a forum thread, your glad to post what ever you want as long as it related to the subject, bad feed back gives things to improve on.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #30
neiman07
you need to get a dimmer switch so that it cant get hotter then 86* because they will burn there bellys and thats nasty stuff.. you can get one of those at lowes, or home depot places like that its an extension cord with a dimmer switch on the end!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google