CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn)

Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #41
neiman07
well it needs to be lower! 90 can burn there bellys and that would be as bad as you vent issue you are having now! they can borrow down to the glass and lay on the bare glass but its your choice to keep it where it is.. i was just adding my input!

but the water needs to be put back in a little mist here and there isnt going to give her enough water that she needs to rehydrate!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #42
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2010 View Post
And didn't you post that your Mom didn't even want you to have her? How are you going to get other snakes if she's already against this one?
Could not careless. In all honesty she does not like them,but as long as its my money and i'm keeping them in my room it does not matter.

The only thing she likes is my red tegu....

Old 06-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #43
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto View Post
The water is removed to prevent soaking and spilling, spilled water, equals high humidity, high humidity will rise the chance of the swollen vent becoming infected and i dont want to risk her soaking.. but yet im the newbie
I'm sorry, but yes, you are a newbie. And I am really scared for the safety of your snake. A glass ashtray is a great water dish that they can't knock over.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #44
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
I agree, this time of year they really need NO heat at all for the most part. I am of the opinion that too cool is better than too hot. Too cool you might have a regurge at the worst, too hot and you will have a dead snake. Better to err on the cool side....

Thanks for one of the first actual useful post, even though its clear you have no read it, because she has not eaten in a while buddy.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #45
naruto
Quote:
I'm sorry, but yes, you are a newbie. And I am really scared for the safety of your snake. A glass ashtray is a great water dish that they can't knock over.
Ounce again ................."sarcasm"

Old 06-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #46
starsevol
Quote:
Thanks for one of the first actual useful post, even though its clear you have no read it, because she has not eaten in a while buddy.
It doesnt matter whether or not she has eaten....well it does but not in regards to what I am saying about temp.

Too cold, worst case regurge...I am talking the worst effects of being too cold. Regurge is bad, but if you follow proper regurge protocol a snake has a good chance of surviving.

Too hot, worst case is death.

If you can't get temps exactly where you want them, then a little too cool is the way to go.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #47
Ares2010
Quote:
My temps are good, no need to worry and i'll put the water dish back in.
THANK YOU! She needs it in her tank everyday.. with FRESH AND CLEAN water daily.

I don't know New York.. but I live down here in the South. I don't have my heating pad on in my corns tanks unless they are digesting.. I keep my home cooler than 80 F in the Summer.. but have the tank heating pads on and not let my house get cooler than 60 F in the winter.

Trying to get the temps right and knowing when they need heat at all can be a balancing act.. it comes with experience and knowing what your corn is happiest (as much as you can tell by behavior) at.

All we are asking is to lower the temp where at the hottest it's not over 85 F. They can burn themselves easily when burrowing and lying on the hot glass. And corns love to burrow.

As for her vent injury.. I am not sure what to advise about that... I will let the more experienced breeders or members here have a say on that one.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #48
starsevol
Quote:
Ounce again ................."sarcasm"
Ounce? What does a measure of weight have to do with anything?
I AM scared for the well being of your snake.
Her temps are way too high, you are scaring the daylights out of her at feeding time, and now she is hurt because of something you did.....to top it all off you can't get her medical care on your own.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #49
ceduke
Quote:
You have successfully managed to point out all of my flaws, no what advice can YOU give on dealing with the swollen vent? I removed the water bowl and as of now have her on paper towel.
For dealing with the swollen vent, soaking the vent area in a cool bowl of sugar water can help bring down the swelling.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #50
naruto
Quote:
It doesnt matter whether or not she has eaten....well it does but not in regards to what I am saying about temp.

Too cold, worst case regurge...I am talking the worst effects of being too cold. Regurge is bad, but if you follow proper regurge protocol a snake has a good chance of surviving.

Too hot, worst case is death.

If you can't get temps exactly where you want them, then a little too cool is the way to go.
She cannot regurge if she is not eating 0_o.........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google