CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

His first live one!

Old 03-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #31
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
Thank you for adding gas to an already hot fire. Why is it a must to constantly stir already heated emotions?
Because 7legion77 is a troll, and openly admitted as such in the other thread.

Bickering and stirring the pot is not the answer here.

Responding to 7legion77 is feeding a troll. Toss him on ignore and we can get back to actually educating users and helping people with real questions.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #32
starsevol
Quote:
Thank you Beth.
You are welcome sir.
Glad you know you are not in my crosshairs.
(HUGS)

Old 03-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #33
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie16 View Post
Also, and I'm just putting this out there, but while most of us don't agree with feeding live, I don't see the harm in refraining from arguing and perhaps letting the small majority who does agree with it discuss it. Just because the majority of us share an opinion, I don't think that means that this is cornsnake.com law.

As I recall, he asked for tips and pointers, which leads me to believe he's looking for advice on how to ensure his live feeding proceeds safely and without a hitch. By arguing with him, we're kind of preventing him from obtaining sound advice (that someone might be willing to offer, if they weren't trying to avoid subjecting themselves to an angry debate)
Whenever a new person comes on here and says they "know the risks," it is highly doubtful that they do. IF they researched everything they need to know about when live feeding is and is not indicated, they wouldn't be on here asking for advice or looking for pointers in the first place.

You CANNOT ensure that live feeding has a safe outcome. You can do your best to limit the risk of injury to the snake. You can't ensure the snake will not be injured.

And you are still needlessly torturing a live animal, the prey.

And you are still exposing the snake to parasites.

Which leads us to the question, what kind of person knowingly accepts these risks for the animal who depends on him for his safety and well-being when it isn't absolutely necessary?

Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #34
Lyion
If you really want to feed live we cannot stop you. Bashing may only make you more stubburn. I will give you all the advice I can if this is how you want to go. I advise you dangle frozen F/T or fresh kill over him until he gets used to grabbing it and puling it down. Always watch no matter how many times he has been fed. If he does not immediatly go for the mouse, remove him ASAP

Old 03-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #35
7legion77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie16 View Post
Also, and I'm just putting this out there, but while most of us don't agree with feeding live, I don't see the harm in refraining from arguing and perhaps letting the small majority who does agree with it discuss it. Just because the majority of us share an opinion, I don't think that means that this is cornsnake.com law.

As I recall, he asked for tips and pointers, which leads me to believe he's looking for advice on how to ensure his live feeding proceeds safely and without a hitch. By arguing with him, we're kind of preventing him from obtaining sound advice (that someone might be willing to offer, if they weren't trying to avoid subjecting themselves to an angry debate)

It's like giving birth control to teenagers: you don't have to agree with teenagers having sex, but they're going to regardless of what you tell them. With that assumption, wouldn't it be safer to just let the discussion of feeding live in a safe manner proceed between advocates (no matter how few there are)? Those of us who disagree can read other threads, after all. At the end of the day, the matter of feeding live is an opinion, and no matter how many eloquently phrased arguments we have, we cannot claim that our thoughts are the right ones.
Thank you for that, babe!

In response to BloodyBaronness, I am sometimes purposely trolling .
Right now I'm being honest. I'm only trying to help these forums, so this debate isn't so heavily biased because that is healthier for the community here. Why make it so esoteric? What kind pet care internet forum ostracizes and drives away people who don't agree with an opinion? I have never seen this before. Cassie is the only one in this thread who's making any sense.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #36
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Whenever a new person comes on here and says they "know the risks," it is highly doubtful that they do. IF they researched everything they need to know about when live feeding is and is not indicated, they wouldn't be on here asking for advice or looking for pointers in the first place.

You CANNOT ensure that live feeding has a safe outcome. You can do your best to limit the risk of injury to the snake. You can't ensure the snake will not be injured.

And you are still needlessly torturing a live animal, the prey.

And you are still exposing the snake to parasites.

Which leads us to the question, what kind of person knowingly accepts these risks for the animal who depends on him for his safety and well-being when it isn't absolutely necessary?
Apparently a troll called legion......

Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #37
crotalis40741
When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly
I pimp to the beat, walking down the street in my new la freak,
yeahThis is how I roll, animal print pants out control
It's Red Foo with the big afroAn like Bruce Leroy I got the glow, yo(Ahhh) Girl look at that body)I-I-I work out(Ahhh) Girl look at that body )I-I-I work outWhen I walk in the spot, (yea) this is what I see (okaay)Everybody stops and they staring at meI got a passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it...I'm sexy and I know it
WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE

Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #38
starsevol
Quote:
When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly
I pimp to the beat, walking down the street in my new la freak,
yeahThis is how I roll, animal print pants out control
It's Red Foo with the big afroAn like Bruce Leroy I got the glow, yo(Ahhh) Girl look at that body)I-I-I work out(Ahhh) Girl look at that body )I-I-I work outWhen I walk in the spot, (yea) this is what I see (okaay)Everybody stops and they staring at meI got a passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it...I'm sexy and I know it
WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE
Just one small example of why I loves you!!

Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #39
Lyion
XD bob! That was random and I'm hoping an attempt to calm people.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #40
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7legion77 View Post

In response to BloodyBaronness, I am sometimes purposely trolling .
You've been told by the site owner, Rich Z, not to troll. You should probably be careful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google