CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

just how fast does it take snakes to get scale rot anyhow?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #61
Isoldael
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
Prove it. Prove to me that lower immune response due to stress does not have the possibility to cause scale rot.
I'm not saying it doesn't have the capability of causing scale rot. I said that saying stress caused it in this case is jumping to conclusions.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #62
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoldael View Post
I'm not saying it doesn't have the capability of causing scale rot. I said that saying stress caused it in this case is jumping to conclusions.
These snakes are clearly showing signs of stress, I don't see that as being a far jump at all.

Under normal conditions snakes can develop scale rot, but that is exceedingly rare. Since more than one of OP's snakes are having or have had issues with scale rot, that is pointing straight to poor husbandry or husbandry issues.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #63
Cronsnakes
This is getting way out of hand, how about you two guys listen to the people who have had snakes for YEARS UPON YEARS and know what there talking about and buy another tank simple as that.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #64
Isoldael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronsnakes View Post
This is getting way out of hand, how about you two guys listen to the people who have had snakes for YEARS UPON YEARS and know what there talking about and buy another tank simple as that.
Oh, but just because we are outnumbered here doesn't mean that others don't share the same opinion. Many reputable breeders in the Netherlands and even other countries have cohabbed for YEARS UPON YEARS without any issues at all. Just that a lot of people claim one thing or the other doesn't make one right and one wrong.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #65
starsevol
Quote:
Oh, but just because we are outnumbered here doesn't mean that others don't share the same opinion. Many reputable breeders in the Netherlands and even other countries have cohabbed for YEARS UPON YEARS without any issues at all. Just that a lot of people claim one thing or the other doesn't make one right and one wrong.
Sureeeee there are LOTS of people who put their animals at risk. But it is nothing to be proud of.
Seems Spain tortures bulls for fun, and I guess the Netherlands does it with snakes......
No decent keeper, I don't care where you are from, cohabs unles they have room sized enclosures.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #66
Nanci
Quote:
Many reputable breeders in the Netherlands and even other countries have cohabbed for YEARS UPON YEARS without any issues at all.
Who ?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #67
Lyreiania
Proove mine are "stressed". You can not. A few weeks of male snake in spring does not equal a snake being "stressed". I think snakes are mistreated when they are in enclosures that are small, but your belief on what constitutes "small" may be different than my own.

Of course I keep them properly, or else I would have issues of ill health quite often, instead of stunningly healthy well cared for animals. You are, of course, free to have your own opinion, on what is cruel, but one cant make up their own facts.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #68
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyreiania View Post

Thoughts? Thank you for any thoughts you may have.
So- I guess you only wanted input that agreed with what you already "know" then.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #69
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
So- I guess you only wanted input that agreed with what you already "know" then.
Sad that strangers care more about her snakes than she does......but it goes to show, some people refuse to see what is in front of them, and prefer lousy husbandry practices, over listening to people who know more than they do....

Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #70
Lyreiania
No Nanci. I appreciate the comments given, even though this thread was to find out how quickly scale rot develops; its incubation period. What irritated me was the tone of what was written, NOT the substance of what was written even when it was off topic; there is a big difference between the two. Differences of opinion and belief do not trouble me; posts that come across as sanctimonious, accusatory, and inflammatory do. Appreciating what was written does not need I have to implement what to me does not make sense based on my own observations.

You quoted where I posted they ate less, in a meal in March and tried to imply that proved stress, as I wrote snakes stressed likely would not eat. Male snakes in isolation often go on a springtime hunger strike; the fact that cohabiting male snakes ate less in spring does not suffice to show overwhelming stress. If they ate less in a NON mating season, maybe then I would give your example some credence.

The false analogy of cohabitating to dog fighting made it clear to me that for some posters, this issue was more of an emotional one than it was one of logic or reason. I trust what I see. And, what I see of my snakes says they are fine as they are housed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google