CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Killing mice

Old 06-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #31
Celeste
so i support MOST of PETA. i do hav extremist views as well, but once again i do not wish 2 abolish pet-keeping. i do understand their points concerning flesh-eating, lab experiments, leather-making, and the like. the next donation i send i assure u will be accompanied with a letter saying i wish the money 2 only go 2 certain causes but, i will still support them in many other matters. i happen 2 agree with some of those statements...if killing billions (and believe me, the numbers r that high) of dogs, rabbits, and mice would provide a cure 4 AIDs i would still felt cheated by my country and ashamed of my species. and, just 2 let everyone know, i did in fact do research before supporting them. again i support 95% of what PETA says, but not all. and no one can deny that there r 2 many cats and dogs..instead of continually breeding them we should make more of an effort 2 ADOPT. i hav already seen all those quotes. i still believe that animals r not ours 2 eat, experiment on, or wear, and i still highly recommend the book ANIMAL LIBERATION

to answer quotes with a quote:
"A most important and responsible work. Everyone ought to read it, and ponder deeply whether we do not need to change our view of the world and our responsibility toward its creatures."
-Richard Adams when reviewing ANIMAL LIBERATION

do u look back on slaves that broke the law 2 be free and say "good god....they should be jailed!"
no. u think "good for them"
as i happen 2 think about the PETA. it is the ALF that i do not support.

Habit. That is the final barrier that the Animal Liberation movement faces. Habit not only of diet but also of thought and language must be challenged and altered. (Peter Singer, ANIMAL LIBERATION)

"Fur used to turn heads, now it turns stomachs."
-Rue McClanahan

"You ask people why they have deer heads on the wall. They always say, 'Because it's such a beautiful animal.' There you go. I think my mother is beautiful, but I have photographs of her."
-Ellen DeGeneres

Old 06-27-2002, 11:05 PM   #32
Gregg
Thumbs up Dear Celeste,

I support your right to have and to express your own opinion, but please, please please, will you write it in a normal, good, writing style. Your point gets a little lost to me because I tire of trying to read what you are trying to say. I'm already finding myself skipping your posts because I simply do not want to take the time to try to piece it together. I would like to hear what you have to say, even though I may disagree with it. You have a right to be heard. I demand that you express yourself in a way so I won't ignore it.

Old 06-28-2002, 01:18 AM   #33
Iris
Ok, I didn't want to say anything because I thought I might sound nitpicky but please use some punctuation and "2, 4, r..." It would only take a few extra minutes and it would help everyone understand what you are saying so much more.
I hope I didn't sound nitpicky...or like an English teacher...all my friends say that to me...

Old 06-28-2002, 03:46 AM   #34
pauljordanuk
Killing Mice Efficiently

I've killed mice before by using the blunt end of a pencil. Get the mouse on a level surface, and place the pencil at the back of its head (neck area). Take hold of the tail of the mouse and give it one good firm pull. This will break the mouses kneck and kill it instantly.

Old 06-28-2002, 09:07 AM   #35
Missymonkey
creative ways to dispatch dinner

or you could run over it with your car, or drop it off a three story building, or feed it too much cholesterol and hope it gets a stroke, or make it watch the superbowl halftime with aerosmith and britney spears over and over and over and wait till its head explodes! j/k

Old 06-28-2002, 10:49 AM   #36
pauljordanuk
Hmm, are you sarcastic, ignorant, both or dont care.

Old 06-28-2002, 03:41 PM   #37
Jimmy C.
Oh Dustin,
That poor snake. I hope the original owner never forgets the suffering that the little went through.
I have never and will never feed live. I really hope that all the people who do take a long hard look at these photo's.
It was a horrible thing to see but thanks for passing it along.
Jimmy C.

Old 06-28-2002, 06:49 PM   #38
pipatic
well that was alot of messages,for those that cannot kill the food item buy frozen,
dont gas unless your doing a big batch,
getting an untrained person to inject ,an animal what next vaccinate your own dogs and cats as well,without proper training i think that would be against the law in the uk,
animal protection hmmmm some good some bad,
which ever way you kill the mouse or rat etc make it quick,
......bang on head....

Old 06-28-2002, 11:12 PM   #39
Jr Nimeskern
I breed my own mice and dont have the time to CO2 the mice or suff them... I either give them the bop or the neck break... either way is fast and very very very quick!!! If I was a mouse and I had to go I would take the bopping and the neck breaking over any suff... or slow death... wouldnt you???

Old 06-29-2002, 12:00 AM   #40
pipatic
yup everytime its got to be the quickest way

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google