CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Escapee!

Old 12-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
Ravenessa
Escapee!

if anyone would escape it would be her.. I nick named her Brat cause she is straight up evil/wild/crazy baby etc.. I was cleaning and she bounced out of her cage, I grabbed her she bit me, and off on the floor.. I got her up and she wiggled loose as I was afraid of grabbing too hard.. and gone. Now on the good end, the room is on lock down.. she can not get out from here, I have already made "corn traps" today is feeding so I have boxes taped up except for a small corn hole, and a pinkie in each in all corners of the room. When it goes dark and quiet in here she is likely to explore, being hungry I can bet money she will enter one of them and hopefully stay there over night.. I am also sprinkling flour on the floor. That or she will hide until she starves... Which wouldn't surprise me with her temperament.. She's feisty... Which might have to become her name.. Im not too worried, it might take a day or two but I suspect I will get hold of her at some point...

Old 12-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #2
Ravenessa
Sorry wrong forum!

Old 12-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Good luck! I once had a baby snake decide to fly out of my hands and onto the floor near vents. You can bet I dropped to the floor like a flash to grab her again!

Old 12-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
Ravenessa
I understand, I dived too, but she nips good the little brat so I dropped her twice which is annoying me more than anything.. She got under a dresser and from there most likely went into the heating board cause when I pulled the dresser out she was not there.. She is in the room at least and have no way out.. Im sure once it gets quiet and calm, she will hopefully investigate the boxes, I may be rubbing dead mouse on the floor up to the boxes from various corners.. lol

Old 12-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
Ravenessa
Ok added more boxes to the room... I now have 8 boxes out, in every corner and then in the middle by side of any piece of furniture she can be behind/under... there is two pinks in each, so hopefully she gets stuffed and don't want to move.. I squished a dead one and rubbed on the outside of each box so they gotta stink to high snake heaven.. Im hoping hunger gets the better of her.. I will know when she's in cause the second I pick the box up it will start making angry rattle sounds in there lol so wish me luck for tonights fishing trip. the rest of the guys were out/cleaned/cuddles and fed with no issues... I have two nervous ones but this is the only one that is super angry... She's lucky she's cute... lol

Old 12-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
crzymom2grl2by
Oh no!!! So sorry, hope you find your baby. Is this the striped one you posted pix of? I'd say since it's feeding day she'll be in one of your traps soon.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
Ravenessa
not the pink pink one.. The diffused lavender stripe who loves to eat me....
This is my run away... I feed every 4, so she may not be that hungry, but I will just reload them daily with fresh bait and at some point she will hopefully fall in there...

Old 12-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #8
crzymom2grl2by
Has she always been a biter? I've never been bitten by any of mine and would hate it if they started, I'm scared of my cockatiel now cause he wants to bite me every time I try to get him, but he loves my 15yr old daughter. I think it's cause I clip his wings while she holds him and then she loves on him when I'm done. Makes me so mad, cause he's my bird and I feed and care for him, but can't hold him. But he does mimic my sneezes and he sings and talks to me. He likes me to copy him
LOL, way off topic, I'm rambling now...

Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
Ravenessa
haha no worries... yeah she was aggressive when I bought her.. and God knows I fear her more than some of my aggressive clients I have (I rehab dogs), but dogs respond to body language snakes not so much...

Out of behavioral point of view I think she will lay low for a day or two due to the
scary chase i gave on her and she fought hard to get free... so I can see her need to rest, then I think hunger will take over and she will go back to normal mode.. OR hopefully she's hungry tonight and sneaks into one of the boxes...

Birds tend to choose one mate and sort of hate everyone else, that is fairly much the norm... Can also be that you are force handling him... start some daily counter conditioning, reward her/him with treats for just coming to you in between and you may succeed more...

I got bit by the conures at work two days ago that I can handle.. The snake bites scares me more cause of the pure speed they have... lol

Old 12-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
crzymom2grl2by
Funny thing with Cy, my cockatiel, he has never bitten me, I just leave him alone when he starts bluffing. But my 7yr old son isn't afraid of being bitten so he just chases him around the cage til he's forced to get on his hand whether he bites or not. Now if he flies to the floor he will let me pick him up and then once he's on me he's nice. Very odd, I guess he thinks I will save him or something.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google