CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

aspen bedding

Old 12-29-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
crzymom2grl2by
aspen bedding

I went to buy some aspen bedding today at my local Theisens and paid $8.95 for a small bag in the pet dept. So I called my local feed store and they had huge bales of it for $7.50. Score! Taking the small bag back tomorrow.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
Rigby & Marcy
That's a good deal, I pay $25 for a bag that lasts me a few months. Remember that snake bedding is shredded aspen, which isn't the same as aspen chips/curls and always costs more. The chips are fine for snakes too, it's just not as soft and tunnel-able for them. I use both.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
crzymom2grl2by
It was fine shredded.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
Todd120
I have been using the Walmart stuff. Crush hasnt complained a bit. He had it full of tunnels when I cleaned it out yesterday.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #5
crzymom2grl2by
How much is it at WalMart, Todd? I didn't even look because I assume it would be more than the $7.50 for the giant bale I got.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
smigon
I think people have found it for less than $4 for the biggest bale at Walmart or Kmart.

Pet shops sell "snake substrate" for a high amount for a small bag, but I was fortunate enough my first time that the girl told me that if I got it in the rodent section it was the same stuff but much cheaper. She was right. She also sold me a heat lamp instead of the recommended UTH, but I learned that was wrong when I joined this site and have all UTHs now. I forgive her for the bad heat lamp advice!

Old 01-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #7
crzymom2grl2by
That's good to know, I'm just lucky to have the feed store nearby. They have finely shredded aspen as well as big flakes, but I know the fine will be better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google