CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Feeder Mice Colors?

Old 04-04-2002, 12:14 AM   #11
JakeTheSnake
Can they see color

I thought they relying on heat sensing than visual

Old 04-04-2002, 01:27 AM   #12
Serpwidgets
Cornsnakes don't have that capability.

Old 04-04-2002, 02:02 AM   #13
Iris
Isn't it all based on smell? I don't know about everyone else, but I use chopsticks to handle the pinkies (I'm still a bit squeamish....) and if I put them on top of the screen top of his tank for a just a minute, Xavier smells the mouse scent on them and pops right out of whatever hide and starts trying to reach up to the smell.
I guess there's partially a visual thing too though. Once when he was really hungry (I hadn't fed him for a week when he usually eats 2x a week!) he saw my fingers outside of the tank and started trying to shove his face through to what he apparently thought were a bunch of moving pinkie mice. Good thing he was inside and my fingers were outside.

Old 04-04-2002, 03:15 PM   #14
lynn
Well, Wilma took her black mouse, backward's, thought she wasn't going to get it in but it didn't seem to matter to her that it was not white like the fuzzies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google