CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

are you still feeding your snake mice & rats ???
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
Vinman
are you still feeding your snake mice & rats ???

they can be very costly if you have a lg. collection. I haven't fed my breeder adults corns & honduran milks rodents in two to two and half years.I also got ball pythons to eat the stuff. I raised most of my juvies to adult breeders. This year I'm gona try 05 babies right from the start. I feed about 40 snakes from juvies to adult for under 4$ a feeding sometimes as low as 1.20 . It used to cost me about 30 $to 45 $ a feeding. Big time savings

Old 02-21-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
Joejr14
So what are you feeding them instead?

Old 02-21-2005, 01:00 AM   #3
Vinman
Hey What Do I Feed My Snakes

you know first hand that I get a lot heat for nothing . It makes not want to tell everbody. I have told a few people and they swore not to tell a soul . This could ruin the mouse trade if this caught on. think if everbody used what I use, even if you supplemented their dite every other feeding or feed rodents once a month. there will be a lot of mice wating to be sold. Mice prices would come down cause of overstock. Mom and pop shops would close they wouldn't make much of a profit when the price comes down. But this would not happen because people are closed minded. They would not take me serouis . From what I learned on this forum a lot of people who are in this hobby for 1 to 3 years thinks their an expert. screw the fact you have 20 years of breeding exp. in the hobby. Thats what is wrong with this country people forget to respect the knowledge you get over the years. Like when you get told how you feed your snake col. by a beginer with 2 to 10 corns. If more people realy want to know and are willing to learn and not tell me I dont know what I am doing I wll shaire my info with you. I also want feed back I want to know how it worked if any of you who have the ba**s to try it, you will not be sorry

Old 02-21-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
fergen8er
So what do you feed them? I'm not an expert and I don't claim to be so I just wanna know.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:33 AM   #5
Joejr14
Well, why make a post asking if we're using mice and rats if you're not going to tell us what you're using instead?

Old 02-21-2005, 01:35 AM   #6
sweetdiego7
seriously...why post if you arent going to tell us. That seems pretty darn silly.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:42 AM   #7
Vinman
food

Lets lets this thread grow some I want to see how many of you realy want to know . I want to see how many of you want to try it out. Rember I only been doing this for 2 - 2 1/2 years. Saved me so much money on feeding. This is my secret. I dont know if anybody will try it. THis is what is I feed my snakes I dont want to here that this is crazy, it is not healthy for the snakes. I did not start this thred to be chastised. If you dont like what you read then keep your oppions to yourself. This thred was started to see if anybody wants to try something new out. cutting edge, who knows this my be added to the standerd diet to feed our animals one day.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:52 AM   #8
Joejr14
Dude, just post your information or dont start a thread asking people if they're still feeding with mice and rats.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but seriously. Either spit the information out, or dont bring it up.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:53 AM   #9
E. g. guttata
Dude, the reason to post a thread is to share information, not to act like a complete tard. IMO, you are just someone who thinks they have something, but in reality, don't have jack. You claim that you haven't fed your adults rodents, but you don't respect anyone enough to let them in on the "secret", so you are no better the the sleezy american lawyers out there who keep "an ace up their sleeve". I personally don't care anymore what you feed your corns, and DON'T want to know anything about it. If you're going to post a thread, be prepared to share information, not act like an @$$.

Old 02-21-2005, 02:26 AM   #10
Vinman
Smile hold on

I started the therd I want to see if anydody wanted to try it. did any of you say somthing good like HEY I would like to try it out ,you shure it works( No ) So if I started the thred to to see how many people wanted to try something new. Do you mind if I waite to see if people want to try something new Dam I just posted the thred around 1:30 am give it some time I will come on the bord tomrrow eve. be patient

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread