CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

"ASPEN"

Old 06-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #31
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
And hey, look! I'm now paid!!!
I guess this means you're a snob now

Old 06-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #32
Taceas
I must have missed something along the way...where was there an attack? Other than yours, that is.

I agree with D80, nowhere in your first post did it mention why your snake shed in 34 pieces. We infered it was from the substrate based on the way you were talking. And if you knew it was from a 'cut' from your female (What're they doing together? Oh thats right, naturalistic...they live on top of one another down in the SE, eh?) then why go all out and complain about the aspen?

If you want a naturalistic display, go ahead, use dirt and stuff. Let your snake slither through mold and fecal bacteria laden substrate. One thing missing from the wild is the ability of the snake to leave once it's done its business. In a cage they don't have that luxury.

Sure aspen isn't exactly the most natural looking thing from where cornsnakes naturally reside, I mean I've never seen a woodchipper in the wild..and aspen trees don't quite exist in the Southeast. They're a Rocky Mountain phenomenon as far as I've seen. They've got poplars and cottonwood, close enough I guess.

Re-reading back through I see no talking down to, no belittling, no harassement, no nothing other than some informative discussing about substrates and how your one instance of aspen being 'bad' is how you base your opinion of it. If you didn't want flies in your mouth, keep it shut.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #33
Mary-Beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Your one to talk CAV, I'm still having bad mental pictures after what you said about my mice!
Was someone playin helicopter again

Old 06-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #34
CAV
Nah, it was Carol's Richard Gere tribute thread.

How's that for an obscure reference?

Old 06-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #35
Mary-Beth
Ahhhhhh yes, the anal mouse! What was his name again?

Old 06-09-2005, 09:59 PM   #36
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
And hey, look! I'm now paid!!!
UH OH!!

WTG Joe!

D80

Old 06-09-2005, 10:07 PM   #37
Joejr14
Look at that, page two is full of snobs!

Old 06-09-2005, 11:30 PM   #38
Drizzt80
I'm set up to read 20 posts per page, and Jynx is still on my page two . . . Jynx? . . . you getting ready to be a snob yet?! Joe did it, c'mon, it won't hurt you. It's actually really good for you.

D80

Old 06-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #39
JTGoff69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAV
How's that for an obscure reference?
Did he do that in American Gigolo??

Joe, it's about time ya cheapskate! LOL

Old 06-10-2005, 09:47 AM   #40
Jynx
lol still waiting for the invitation Drizzt but the snob attitude is still there!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google