CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

"Adult" Corn Weight

Old 08-13-2007, 10:08 PM   #21
Cam5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax32

cam5: My corns are for sure a lot shorter than that. I am not saying they are skinny... just that they should have grown more.

Fair enough

Old 08-14-2007, 04:32 AM   #22
MegF.
Those tubs in a rack should work perfectly. As long as they can't push the lids up, you'll be in business!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #23
wax32
I'll be finding out in a few, got the soldering iron warming up now...

Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #24
wax32

Looks like they will work just right. Had to put a piece of plywood under the tubs, since the shelf pegs only have spacing every inch, it was hard to get them just the right height.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #25
wax32
Hmm I must have messed up the picture link, try this again.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #26
wax32
Here is a shot of the ghost after just eating 2 hoppers:

Looks like she is ready for adult mice?

Old 08-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #27
MegF.
Yup. Those didn't make much of a dent in her...or a bulge...

Old 08-14-2007, 07:57 PM   #28
wax32
Well, I have a bunch of hoppers in the freezer already and another bag on the way, so me thinks she'll be getting three for a bit. The sunglow too, I reckon.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #29
Silt
Like the others have said, just follow the Munson plan and both of your snakes (the female especially) will gain weight rapidly.

I purchased two 3 year old corns last year (miami & amel) that were being co-habbed in a 33 gallon cage with SAND as substrate. The owner, a university student, had kept them together since hatchlings and fed them their mice just on the sand. When I asked him what their feeding schedule was, he said that he fed them about one hopper every 2-3 weeks. No wonder their were only 2.5 feet!!! What was the excuse for the feeding schedule? "Well, with university, I'm kept pretty busy". Oh well, I snatched up the two corns for $25 each and started them on the Munson plan. Here's how well the snakes are doing now (keep in mind that these pics were taken back in January, so they've both gained about another 50g since then):

Akeelah at 445g (she's very husky!)...

Darwin at 423g...

Well, that's my Munson Plan "success story"!

Lisa

Old 08-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #30
wax32
Wow! So far so good with my guys, they are eating like champs. I never thought they'd be able to eat as much as they do!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google