CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Male Popping Pic

Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #11
admitchell08
Woo! Congrats. I hope I have the same success as you tomorrow!
Did you have to use much pressure? Or was it the same as how Josh said Crush was?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #12
Em Wright
I started out with just a little bit of pressure and didn't get anything, then did it again with just a little bit more pressure until I got the right amount to pop them out entirely. If that makes sense.

Oh and thanks! Good luck to you also.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #13
admitchell08
Thanks!
That makes perfect sense.
I'll give it a go tomorrow and let everyone know how I do.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #14
HoosierHerper
Congrats Em! I knew you could do it And I'm sure that different snake will react differently to being popped My little guy didn't mind at all except he kept circling back around to see what I was doing, and getting in my way...lol

Oh, and Andrew...let us know how it went with yours!

-Josh

Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #15
Em Wright
That's pretty much what Zinn did. My fiance had to come hold him so I could pop. I'll be using Zinn to "perfect" the technique, but not very often. I don't want to hurt him by doing it to much or something.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #16
HoosierHerper
It shouldn't take too long to "perfect" it...
The main part is building up the confidence in yourself to keep trying
I must say I was more reluctant to do it on my BP, but I did, and I was happy with myself afterwards....she was much harder to pop, and I think I may study up (a whole bunch) on probing...RobbiesCornField advised that probing is much more accurate in Bps....

-Josh

Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #17
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHerper View Post
It shouldn't take too long to "perfect" it...
The main part is building up the confidence in yourself to keep trying
I must say I was more reluctant to do it on my BP, but I did, and I was happy with myself afterwards....she was much harder to pop, and I think I may study up (a whole bunch) on probing...RobbiesCornField advised that probing is much more accurate in Bps....

-Josh
I get a little intimidated doing it. I am afraid of breaking the poor little ones. I got those big thick fingers..LOL! I guess I will have to let my wifey, Christine perfect it. Thanks for the pics.

I probably will try but....

Wayne

Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
HoosierHerper
Haha...I understand what you mean...the only advice I can give is what I told Em...just start with a little bit of pressure, and if nothing comes out, try again...each time adding just a little more, until finally you see something come out
And as I told her, each snake will take different amounts of pressure...barely took any to pop my male, Crush...took a little more for my female BP, Sniper.
Hopefully someone will soon post a pic of a female corn being popped...if not I am sure I am going to pick one up at the next show in April, and will post one then...

-Josh

Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #19
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHerper View Post
Haha...I understand what you mean...the only advice I can give is what I told Em...just start with a little bit of pressure, and if nothing comes out, try again...each time adding just a little more, until finally you see something come out

-Josh
My problem is, that I would try to get a female to get something to protrude and not realizing it was a female, pop it like a zit! LOL! Because each time I squeezed and nothing came out, I would just keep adding pressure thinking I wasn't doing it enough. LOL! I am gonna have to practice on a known male!! LOL!

Thank you so much for the pic. I'm gonna give it a go and I promise to be gentle, for the snakes sake!!

Wayne

Old 03-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
admitchell08
So I just tried it on Raider, and he was not very cooperative at all. But once I finally got him positioned, I tried popping, but he had something else in mind..
He pooped all over me. So I cleaned up and went to try it again, only to have the same thing happen for a second time. Needless to say, being pooped on is no pleasant experience. So I guess I will wait a few days, or maybe even wait till feeding day, to try popping them so that way there is a better chance that their poop chutes are all cleared out so I won't have to be pooped on anymore...haha.

Oh well, better luck next time, eh?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google