CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Adult corn snake hasn't eaten in 2 months! Please help!

Old 06-15-2015, 10:29 PM   #21
ssssnake
hi my corn snake that I just got from petsmart about a month ago has not eaten what should I do he is a year old

Old 06-16-2015, 02:58 AM   #22
baranbaran
Is this snake poisonaus????

Old 06-16-2015, 06:30 AM   #23
compasseagle89
Quote:
Originally Posted by baranbaran View Post
Is this snake poisonaus????
The word you're looking for is venomous, and the answer is no. Poison does you harm when you ingest it; venom does you harm when it’s injected into you. It’s “poisonous” when you bite it - it’s “venomous” when it bites you.

Corn snakes kill their prey by constriction.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #24
LittleFrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssssnake View Post
hi my corn snake that I just got from petsmart about a month ago has not eaten what should I do he is a year old
You'd be far better off posting a new thread than resurrecting a 5 year old thread from 2010.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #25
ssssnake
how do you post a thread I am new to this site

Old 06-19-2015, 12:53 AM   #26
Firefur
Go to the very top of the page, in a box at the very top you will see:
CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Click on health Issues/Feeding problems, on that page there will be a little blue box labeled new thread click it and follow the directions from there.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:25 AM   #27
ssssnake
thank you firefur

Old 05-03-2016, 10:36 AM   #28
littlebip
Mine, too!

Been concerned about Salazar (!) not eating as well, and that makes about 2 months. He is about 8 years old and a very healthy male, plus he just recently fully shed. I believe he must want a girlfriend. I have read on this forum that I should keep offering him food, which I've done once a week to every other week. My thoughts were that if I waited a bit and he was really hungry, he'd "go for it." Unfortunately, he only sniffs and leaves. I'm relieved that others are seeing the same behavior and it's "normal." TY!

Old 05-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #29
Nanci
I'd just offer every two or three weeks. Do you have a back-up snake to give the mouse to if he refuses?

Old 05-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #30
littlebip
No back up snakes at this time, but I'm seriously considering getting an adult female from someone this weekend. Is it a bad idea to introduce a new snake in Salazar's cage, or should they be able to smell/see each other for a while? How long? As for the "rejected" hopper rats, I've had to put them outside/compost all that time because he won't take them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google