CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Looking for an older (7+ year old) Corn Snake for pet-keeping

Old 06-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
ronlina
Lightbulb Looking for an older (7+ year old) Corn Snake for pet-keeping

Hi all,

I haven't been active on these forums since 2005 or so, when I had my first corn snake from SerpenCo. I had a really great experience with them, and with my snake, but about eight years ago I had to adopt my snake to a new home, specifically because I accepted a job that required my living on the road and constantly traveling.

I'm now living a stable life in a city, and would love to have a pet snake again, but my fiancé is worried about the time commitment that a baby snake poses. He's much more keen on the idea of my adopting an older adult snake, since that could entail a 10 year commitment or so, rather than a 20 year commitment to a pet.

Since I love snakes no matter their age, I figured this forum might be a good place to start - I've contacted a few breeders, but the oldest snakes I find for sale are 2 years old. Is anyone looking to rehome a retired breeder (say, a snake that is 7-10 years old), or simply is pairing down their collection? It seems that I've missed some of the more recent posts looking to do just that, but maybe someone else will see this and we can find a good match.

I'm just looking for a single snake, and am not a breeder--just looking for another snake buddy, so am hoping to not spend $700 on some super morph (even a normal would be just fine with me). Thanks for taking the time to read!

note: I originally put this in the wrong forum -- in the For Sale section. Apologies!

Old 06-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
Scrappyeddie77
Bhb has a few older snakes for sale last time I looked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
ronlina
Thanks for the tip!

Old 06-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
ronlina
I'll have to see how old the adults are -- still open to anyone here who is looking to sell of course, too! This forum was really important for when I first got a snake, so I'd love to give back so to speak.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:07 AM   #5
Vinman
I have a candycane I'm looking to get rid of . I'm in Bronx NY off the 6 train 10461 asking 100 bucks call me 718 792 2593

Old 07-30-2019, 06:13 AM   #6
Vinman
this is her when I first got her . She was being neglected . I fattened her up and bred her this year

Old 07-30-2019, 06:21 AM   #7
Vinman
I also have this male for 100 bucks he is 5 years old

Old 03-19-2020, 07:38 PM   #8
eferry
I don't know if you are still looking for an older corn snake
--I have a butter stripe who is 6 years old, very easy to care for.

Old 10-21-2021, 03:30 AM   #9
JesseWolf
Oh! What a coincidence! I got my first corn snake from SerpenCo as well. Sadly, it passed away a few years ago after being diagnosed with IBD (inclusion body disease). Unfortunately, I couldn't afford the money for the treatment, and I think I will never forget myself for not getting pet insurance. Please check this article to learn more about the benefits of owning pet insurance https://www.petinsurancereview.com/i...rance-worth-it . P.S. A friend of mine is selling his (3 years) for an excellent price (150 dollars). If you're interested, I can share with you his contacts.

Old 01-09-2022, 01:40 AM   #10
ronlina
I'd love to see a picture and be in touch about this, if you still have her! I held off for a bit and didn't see these replies to my post until now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google