CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first year breeding

Old 03-24-2022, 10:41 AM   #41
inu009
Okay, so last night I caught glimpse of Bean digging in the lay box, and this morning I checked and she was buried at the bottom of all the mosses. Perfect.

Now, my question is since it's packed full of moss, I cant really check for eggs without disturbing her, so when should I check? Maybe give it until Saturday? That would be 5 days since pre-lay shed, and 4 days after getting into the lay box.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:47 PM   #42
Caryl
Good, she's doing the expected. Unless she's a super flighty anti-human sort, it's fine for lift the cover and take a peek. I usually check mine daily until about day 5 post‐shed. I check twice daily after that.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 03-24-2022, 12:47 PM   #43
Caryl
*to lift

Old 03-24-2022, 02:32 PM   #44
inu009
Thank you! It was a false alarm she's out now x.x

She's playing with me lol

Old 03-24-2022, 07:51 PM   #45
hypnoctopus
The fact that she was already in there probably means she likes it!

Old 03-24-2022, 10:28 PM   #46
inu009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
She's back in there right now so fingers crossed.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:34 PM   #47
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
What she said . Your Bean is doing what she's supposed to be doing. Your job at this point is, "Breathe!" Which is easier said than done, I know. But I have faith that you'll get through it!

Old 03-25-2022, 01:23 AM   #48
Rich Z
There is a phrase that is often applied to growing plants that might apply here. "BENIGN NEGLECT".

Is there really anything you can do at this point to speed along the process? Is there anything you might be doing that is making her nervous about laying her eggs, thereby delaying the process?

Old 03-25-2022, 09:05 AM   #49
inu009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
There is a phrase that is often applied to growing plants that might apply here. "BENIGN NEGLECT".

Is there really anything you can do at this point to speed along the process? Is there anything you might be doing that is making her nervous about laying her eggs, thereby delaying the process?
I knoooooow I've read that phrase so many times on this forum, and yeah its like leave them alone, dummy, but now that I'm in it, I cant stop thinking about her lmao

The only thing I've done so far today is check for eggs since she was back out of the next box. I don't have much else reason to bother her today. It seems like she goes in the nest box at night, and then leave it in the morning.

Old 03-25-2022, 09:38 AM   #50
Caryl
Fortunately, she can't read your mind (that we know of) so you're free to think about it all day and all night. As long as you aren't driven to pester her, no harm done. Except maybe, if you're like me with my first gravid female, minor damage to your sleep, your digestion, and your conversational skills.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google