CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first year breeding

Old 03-26-2022, 09:19 PM   #51
inu009
Don't mind me bumping this thread again with no real updates x.x at this point using this as my diary lol.

Managed to not open the cage not even once today. But did manage to take this pic, at this point I'm starting to question if she's even gravid.

Name:  IMG_4270.jpeg
Views: 163
Size:  45.0 KB

Old 03-26-2022, 09:30 PM   #52
Caryl
Lol good job not bugging her today. Does the area near her vent look to you like it normally does? It looks to me like she's very close to depositing an egg.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 03-26-2022, 09:32 PM   #53
Caryl
Or, I guess, like she was about to deposit something else: to defecate.

Old 03-27-2022, 04:36 PM   #54
inu009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Lol good job not bugging her today. Does the area near her vent look to you like it normally does? It looks to me like she's very close to depositing an egg.

I think so, and I see some scale spread near the vent. I dont think it's poop, she hasn't eaten since the 2nd, and she's pooped since then...unless she's saved some for later lmao.

She's been in and out of her nest box like 10 times today. I feel like we're entering the restless phase. It's kind of unfortunate because I'm assuming it means she's not 100% satisfied with her nest box, but hopefully it will do and she can lay within the next day or too. Get those eggs out before they get too big.

I got a decent video of her going into the next box today.

https://youtu.be/YPMpgg9ZL6Y

Old 03-27-2022, 07:44 PM   #55
Caryl
She certainly does look stuffed full of eggs. It's hard to tell much from that brief clip, but I can't see any distress other than the usual, "I cannot get comfortable." In my non-corn breeding experience, first time mothers (primiparas) are often more fidgety right before birth than are the more experienced dams. That's much more often true than not with bitches and mares. What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't necessarily take her restlessness as a sign that she'sdispleased with the nest box. She may just be displeased with internal changes. That said, of course if there's room in her viv, you could give her a second nest box. But I'm not seeing or reading anything which causes me to worry for her.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:56 PM   #56
inu009
Yeah she's probably more anxious than me, she has to do all the work here lol

Old 03-27-2022, 09:21 PM   #57
Caryl
Lol yep.

Old 03-29-2022, 01:48 PM   #58
inu009
One week after shedding, and nothing yet

Name:  IMG_4312.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  30.9 KB

She's still in and out of the nest box, but not as much as Sunday

I did a kinda bad and checked on her yesterday but since she was at the bottom, I did remove some of the moss to be able to see, so idk if that stressed her out. But now for realsies, I'm not going to remove the moss until I'm for sure she's laid.

Next season I breed I'm definitely going to get a shorter next box

Old 03-29-2022, 09:38 PM   #59
Frank Pinello
One week since her pre-egg laying shed is not unusually long. My bet she will lay within 3 days. Can’t wait to read your post announcing egg laying has occurred.
We’ll hand out cigars and pop open some champagne!

Old 03-30-2022, 07:15 AM   #60
67temp
Sounds like she will be dropping eggs very soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google