CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

New cage

Old 03-06-2022, 10:11 AM   #1
James5570
New cage

I just recently purchased a 40 gallon exo terra for our 1.5 year old corn snake...I currently have a driftwood jungle gym and a longer piece of driftwood laid across for her to climb on (she seems to love climbing)...I was just wondering should I add more higher up individual sticks or will tbis be enough to keep her happy? I also bought her a large size rock hide for her cool side and am going to keep her original hide for the warmer side...I just dont want to cramp her and leave her little space to roam, because the base of the jingle gym is pretty large...Thanks for the help!

Old 03-06-2022, 05:07 PM   #2
Caryl
You need not worry she won't have space to roam. Plants, sticks, rocks, etc. all have surface area she can explore and clamber over. Deep bedding gives space to burrow through. She doesn't need wide open spaces; she's not going to be sprinting across them for fun like a human child. Lots of stuff to explore is fine. You said that your snake is 1.5 years old, but you don't say how long you've had her. If you've had her since she was a baby, you've probably got an excellent idea of what she seems to enjoy. Don't be afraid to trust your instincts.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Old 03-06-2022, 05:13 PM   #3
James5570
Thanks for the reply!! I have had her since she was a baby...I have a pretty good idea of what she really likes so I went for it and I am pretty satisfied...I just read to much and was over thinking it, just wanted her to love her new home and I think she will!!

Old 03-06-2022, 05:46 PM   #4
Caryl
Good for you, and good for your snake, too. Would love to see some pictures when you have a chance.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Old 03-06-2022, 07:24 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
I agree with Caryl. Corns, especially young ones, love to climb, so she would probably appreciate more climbing opportunities than more open space.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google