CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Your favorite Sterilite for hatchlings/yearlings?

Old 06-08-2022, 04:34 PM   #1
missriss126
Your favorite Sterilite for hatchlings/yearlings?

Hi all!
What are your favorite Sterilite tubs for hatchings/yearlings? My future corn will have a display cage for it's adult enclosure, but I will likely do a sterilite tub for the hatchling and yearling phases of their life.

I've been out of the hobby for a few years, but I remember these being a favorite of mine, but don't know if I would trust the latches to be escape proof against a young hatchling...
https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-6...93#lnk=sametab
https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-1...91#lnk=sametab

I remember also really liking these, and they held up well against smaller corns, if I remember correctly....
https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-d...03#lnk=sametab

Links to your favorite tubs would be much appreciated!

Old 06-08-2022, 05:04 PM   #2
Caryl
Lol I just picked up half a dozen more of those 6-quart ones with the purple latches which you linked from Target. I LOVE those for babies. I do set up my new hatchlings in deli cups until after they've had their first shed and their first couple of meals. After that, into the 6-quart bins they go.

These are definitely my go-to bin until the little ones get into the 30 g range. Target has the best price on these, as well. I've also got quite a few of the purple latched bins in the 15-quart and 66-quart sizes.

The 15-quart ones are also good for babies through yearlings. For these specific items, three 6-qt occupy the same amount of space as two 15-qt bins.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 06-09-2022, 01:05 AM   #3
missriss126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Lol I just picked up half a dozen more of those 6-quart ones with the purple latches which you linked from Target. I LOVE those for babies. I do set up my new hatchlings in deli cups until after they've had their first shed and their first couple of meals. After that, into the 6-quart bins they go.

These are definitely my go-to bin until the little ones get into the 30 g range. Target has the best price on these, as well. I've also got quite a few of the purple latched bins in the 15-quart and 66-quart sizes.

The 15-quart ones are also good for babies through yearlings. For these specific items, three 6-qt occupy the same amount of space as two 15-qt bins.

Do you find they are secure enough without needing to add binder clips or similar to the lids?

Old 06-09-2022, 11:16 AM   #4
Caryl
I do, yes. The smaller sizes are pretty snug. I've not had an escape yet, knock on wood. The large size could possibly be pushed up at the midpoint of the longer sides but I've not had any problems. Here are some pics for relative sizes. (BTW Tulip's bin is bare atm because she was about to lay her second clutch and I wanted to be sure that happened where it was supposed to happen.)

Old 06-11-2022, 07:08 PM   #5
missriss126
Wonderful, thank you so much for sharing!
I do like how accessible those purple latch tubs are for me.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:00 PM   #6
Caryl
I'm a big fan of these for youngsters. One of the cool features is that the bins have these nifty notches on the short walls, just perfect for holding sticks to climb.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google