CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Melanistic Corn

Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
nmoore601
Smile Melanistic Corn

Has any seen or heard of a true melanistic corn? Does anyone have any pictures of some truly black or really dark corns?

Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Kevin S.
Doug (DMong on here) once had a miami with some interesting black patches. Sort of looked like the opposite of a piebald corn (black areas instead of white). He has a pic or two, but I don't recall if he's posted it here or not.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:50 PM   #4
SnakeSmithS
I realize this is a really old thread, but I found it while searching for something else and just thought that those of you who may not have seen this, might find it interesting

https://www.facebook.com/fgreptiles....16643428976545

Old 08-23-2022, 09:21 PM   #5
Frank Pinello
I found that too on that Facebook page. Sounds very promising. Can’t wait for his update on how the mature.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:11 AM   #6
hypnoctopus
I saw that too! I can't wait to see how they develop. I hope they stay dark.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:30 AM   #7
SnakeSmithS
I've heard some grumbling that perhaps these are hybrids... based on head shape and quite prominent supraoccular scales. Personally, I'd feel more confident that they are pure corn if the breeder would share photos of the parents and especially of all of the other hatchlings from the clutch. Whether or not they are hybrids, black corns could be really fun

Old 08-24-2022, 02:16 PM   #8
hypnoctopus
Yeah, I heard that too. And I agree, he should share pictures of the parents and the siblings.

Old 08-24-2022, 02:40 PM   #9
67temp
A friend was showing me that video at a recent expo and my first reaction was "It kinda looks like a hybrid". I believe it was a crimson x crimson pairing and even if it is melanistic I'm not seeing much if any hypo in that.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:44 PM   #10
Frank Pinello
The video I saw said that both parents were Miami phase het hypo. He points out that the rest of he clutch were Miami’s and some crimsons.
I agree, I would like to see some good photos of the parents and siblings.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google