CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

new to the board

Old 05-11-2023, 09:21 PM   #1
DonnaGee
new to the board

I tend to prefer groups to message boards. Yahoo used to have groups; now it doesn't. Groups.io still has groups; but, no snake groups that I could find.

I have a Bearded Dragon; not, a corn snake. I have been studying the information that I have been able to find. If it's a video, I can play it and replay it as much as I want.

Is this a good place to learn about corn snakes? Would there be any other place in addition to this message board?

I live in Washington and even though I live in a centrally located city that is accessible by a couple of highways ans a freeway, I don't think there has even been a reptile show in the city. We have a couple of pet shops in town. One tends to be more expensive and have snootier employees than the other. The one that I like to go to has friendly staff who seem to want to help me fine whatever supplies I'm looking for. I don't know if they still have it; but, they did have a ball python; but, I've never seen a corn snake.

I still want to learn as much as I can and if you have suggestions as to books, articles, or videos, I am willing to learn.

When I do get around to getting a corn snake, most likely I will have to order it online.

Old 05-11-2023, 09:46 PM   #2
Caryl
Welcome! Yes, this is a great place to learn about corn snakes. Pretty much anything you'd like to know about the care and keeping of corns is searchable and posted here. You can also find info on morphs and other things. It's a fantastic resource.

If you're looking for other reputable online resources, I recommend MorphMarket Community forum for most things in the herp hobby including corns and beardies, iansvivarium.com and the Cornsnake morph ID group for morph info. As to books, Kathy & Bill Love wrote the classic "Corn Snakes, the Comprehensive Owner's Guide." Another classic is "Corn Snakes in Captivity" by Don Soderberg.

You're wise to learn as much as you can before buying. We're happy to help. Again, welcome!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 05-11-2023, 10:25 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Welcome to the forum! I agree with everything Caryl said.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:32 AM   #4
67temp
Welcome to the forum!

For Youtube videos I recommend Sarahs snake shop, and some of the old port city pythons. There are also a couple of corn snake podcasts out there. As mentioned in one of the other post this forum and the books are a great source of info too.

There are several breeders that live in Washington that vend the PACNW reptile show. It never hurts to talk face to face with someone too.

Old 05-15-2023, 09:25 AM   #5
SnakeCreations
Welcome!

It's so cool that you're doing the research first. There are a few breeders in Washington State, myself included! Pacific Northwest Reptile and Exotic Animal Expo is held a couple times a year and is in Puyallup, WA coming in July. https://pacnwrs.com/ You can meet most of the local breeders there. We are a super nice and helpful bunch. We love to talk snake

Enjoy!

-Tonya

Old 05-15-2023, 09:26 AM   #6
SnakeCreations
Welcome!

It's so cool that you're doing the research first. There are a few breeders in Washington State, myself included! Pacific Northwest Reptile and Exotic Animal Expo is held a couple times a year and is in Puyallup, WA coming in July. https://pacnwrs.com/ You can meet most of the local breeders there. We are a super nice and helpful bunch. We love to talk snake

Enjoy!

-Tonya

Old 05-17-2023, 04:28 PM   #7
DonnaGee
So far, I have ordered the two books that Caryl suggested. They are expected to be delivered between the 22nd and the 24th.

As for reptile shows, I could go to one if there was one held here in town; but, Puyallup, WA is really far away from where I live.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google