CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Testbreeding Buf x Toffee

Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #21
dave partington
So is the SuperForm called Buffy?

Old 08-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #22
slangenbroed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiklasTyreso View Post
Thats easy to say now, after the breeding have been done.

Before this breeding was done nobody knew if combining buf and toffee would make some kind of superform if they would rule out each other or anything about the results.

You want to know what you are doing. That is reason enough for doing test breedings.
You hit the nail on his head, if nobody do a testbreeding nobody nows what happens, and this was one of the breedings done.I had more breedings planned but if they don't want to breed i can't help it.There is one clutch more to come Auratumstripe x ultramelmotley only 5 eggs.
Its easy to sit back and gave comment, but i do something to clear this up, and i had planned Orange to normal / Auratum to normal the normals are sisters and even so in anery they are sisters to.And its no problem when animals are het or homo for some other colour, if both lines have the same.
I think you must look to combo's from both the buf and the toffee.How have whe disovered that charcoal was not a plain anery, that was until blizzard was born ! And about the Homo auratumstripe its e ges not a fact at this moment, only if i saw more from him, 6 out of 6 ok but murfies law.... if you now what i mean.I had in 2006 a breeding orang x orange 8 eggs 7 hatched al 7 are orange but the parrents where not homo.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #23
slangenbroed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
So is the SuperForm called Buffy?
I had several mistery's bred but none survived

Old 08-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #24
slangenbroed
The auratumstrped is het caramel was sold as pos caramel, and the orange i used in the breed is het motley and het caramel in this clutch you now 6 eggs 4 orangemotly's and two orange.The question was is the auratum maybee hom toffee becouse of the 6 out of 6.Yesterday a clutch the Auratumstriped x ultramelmotley het caramel, 1 buttermotley, 1 golddustmotley , 1 oarangemotley and 1 orangemotley stil in the egg.So the auratumstripe is now for sure het caramel , but not homo toffee.At the time a got the auratum ,two was offered one darker and one brither , i choose the brither one. This is what the little dif is what i see in the first clutch the diffenece is, het caramel and not het caramel, nothing more . In this clutch Murphy had us only in the caramel i think.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #25
slangenbroed
The hole clutch from the breeding auratumstriped het caramel x orange het motley and caramel

Old 09-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
slangenbroed
Quote:
Originally Posted by slangenbroed View Post
The hole clutch from the breeding auratumstriped het caramel x orange het motley and caramel
Question to all the genetic pro
Iff one off theese 6 orange coloured animals is hom, can we still saying its not the same, and was this bred a good one then ???????

Old 09-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #27
The_Saiyajin
Even through there are may other ways to try to find out of those two genes are the same or not i think it was a good and interesting start.
I am sure those are the same for a long time now and I would also have helped with this when I just could get my hands on a Buf animal. But for now I didnt get one.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #28
slangenbroed
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Saiyajin View Post
Even through there are may other ways to try to find out of those two genes are the same or not i think it was a good and interesting start.
I am sure those are the same for a long time now and I would also have helped with this when I just could get my hands on a Buf animal. But for now I didnt get one.
Thanks, where do you liv i liv in holland in the south between weert en roermond.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:12 PM   #29
scmartin27
Updates?

Sorry to resurrect this OLD thread, but does anyone have current info on Buf vs Toffee?
With the one above also having caramel that throws a wrench into things a bit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google