CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hi, dipping my toes back in the hobby

Old 06-07-2022, 03:34 PM   #1
missriss126
Hi, dipping my toes back in the hobby

Hi all, my name is Marissa. I used to have a pretty good sized collection about a decade ago, keeping over 2 dozen species, but my corns were some of my absolute favorites.

After burnout and big life changes I’ve not kept any reptiles for several years. I’ve been wanting to get another snake, likely just one or two corn snakes (separate enclosures) in displays. My wife is afraid of snakes, but she is supportive and still wants to learn about them.

So much has changed since I left the hobby, so I’m excited to read, learn, and refresh my husbandry knowledge.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:17 PM   #2
Caryl
Hi Marissa and welcome back! I had a time when I had to pare down my collection for health reasons although I kept a number favorite corn snakes. I adore animals on general, but corn snakes are way up there for me. I had them in my classroom, did educational events, and their great disposition helped a lot of people overcome their fears. I hope that they'll help your wife will do the same.

It was super exciting for me to have hatchlings again last year after what felt like forever. I hope you and your wife have lots of fun together!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 06-07-2022, 04:18 PM   #3
Caryl
(Apologies for typos. Hubby's driving us down a sunny bumpy road and I clicked "send" while proofreading.)

Old 06-07-2022, 10:30 PM   #4
missriss126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Hi Marissa and welcome back! I had a time when I had to pare down my collection for health reasons although I kept a number favorite corn snakes. I adore animals on general, but corn snakes are way up there for me. I had them in my classroom, did educational events, and their great disposition helped a lot of people overcome their fears. I hope that they'll help your wife will do the same.

It was super exciting for me to have hatchlings again last year after what felt like forever. I hope you and your wife have lots of fun together!

Thank you! I never bred my corns, I mainly bred BPs. My wife has been going through pictures with me to let me know which morphs she thinks are pretty. So far blood red stripes are her favorite. She said she would name it Chester and do photo shoots with it and flamin hot Cheetos, but in the bag so that he doesn’t get hurt by the spicy food 😂

She okayed palmettos (I’m in shock that they are affordable right now!) but also really likes the coral snows. She said she likes the super bright and vivid ones bc she feels they won’t be able to camouflage as well and scare her, which totally makes sense! She doesn’t care for scaleless though 😩

Old 06-08-2022, 02:38 AM   #5
hypnoctopus
Welcome to the forum! I would love to see what you end up picking! A nice, high quality bloodred (especially with stripe too) is such a gorgeous morph.

Old 06-08-2022, 03:07 PM   #6
missriss126
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Welcome to the forum! I would love to see what you end up picking! A nice, high quality bloodred (especially with stripe too) is such a gorgeous morph.
It really is, especially a high quality specimen! Once she names something, it is game over, so I have a feeling my palmetto might have to be on the back burner, need to get her on board with the noodles first. She already started planning different check in photo shoots to document growth and color change.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google