CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

ESCAPEE or HIDE LOG HORRORS?

Old 12-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #71
braingarble
Personally, I would wait it out. Mine crawled in there and was in the blue. She takes forever to shed. When she was little, it would take her 3 weeks from the time she began to hide and actually shedding her skin. I didn't know if she escaped somehow, so I opted to start drilling and cutting. This comes with risk.

If you see her out and about, remove it then.

Right or wrong, that's my opinion

-Braingarble

Old 12-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #72
chag67
I made a small cut in the neck of the log using a sharp steak knife. Then I used pressure to crack the log. Then slowly pulled apart the log. Just be careful.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #73
Neurotica
Thanks so much!!! I called PetSmart, for the third time this week, and have asked them if I can bring the snake/log in and have them help. They said yes, bring them in and they will do it. Was too afraid to do it myself. I will post an update after our adventure to PetSmart is complete. Really thankful I found this forum!!!!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #74
OkeeteeMom
Well if you're sure that you've checked the entire Viv and your snake is no where to be found...why not CAREFULLY, slowly and gently saw the tip of the log off? That's what most of us did. The only other thing you can do is wait some more...maybe your snake is in 'blue'.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #75
chag67
I would not take the log and snake to PetSmart for their help. Everyone I have come into contact with at my local chain pet stores have no clue as to care for snakes. They will likely try and use a metal hook to get him out. I wouldn't trust them. But if you do get their "help", make sure you are present when they attempt to extract your snake from the hide.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #76
dave partington
before destroying it, did you try running water thru the log?

Old 12-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #77
Nanci
(That didn't work for me or Tina!)

I would just wait a few days, since you are certain the snake is in the hide. If it can get in, it can get out. I think the urgency some of us felt was because we initially thought the snake had escaped, and then discovered the hidden compartment, and broke the limb open to prove that the snake was in there.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #78
Neurotica
Well, she was NOT in the log....she has escaped!!! Not sure where to go from here! Very upset son, and Mom!!! : (

Old 12-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #79
Neurotica
I'm so sick, I can't believe I let this happen. I don't know what to do. This is our first snake, I thought I had done everything perfectly for her. I just knew she had been up there in her log. I never dreamed she escaped. Every time she came out she went right back up there....any advice to helping find her would be so greatly appreciated!!

Old 12-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #80
OkeeteeMom
Do a search for lost or escaped or missing snake. There are LOADS of threads with many different ways of trying to capture back your snake...most are successful. Don't panic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape, escaped, escapee