CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Loctite power grab all purpose

Old 08-05-2021, 01:47 PM   #1
Firefur
Loctite power grab all purpose

Hay guys any reason I can't use loctite power grab in a corn snake enclosure?
I was doing research on DiY backgrounds and I found a tutorial that used loctite power grab all purpose to adhere peices of Styrofoam together. I started the project but found a thread saying not to use it for frogs and one where it was being used for bearded dragons without issue. Im planning to build the background out of Styrofoam stuck together with Loctite power grab and coated either in several layers of drylok or coated inplaster paris and drylok. What do you guys think?

Old 08-05-2021, 07:40 PM   #2
chairman
Amphibians are very sensitive when it comes to chemicals, so it would make sense that there would be materials that are reptile safe but not amphibian safe. Especially if the adhesive is completely sealed by reptile safe substances and is given plenty of time to dry/gas off harmful chemicals.

I am a fan of Drylok and have used it to seal numerous projects.

That said, snake poop is terribly difficult to remove from Drylok and grout. A smooth epoxy seal would be much, much easier to clean.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google